Is Clint Barmes the Real Deal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Clint Barmes the Real Deal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Clint Barmes the Real Deal?

Postby jonance » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:03 am

So before he got hurt back a few years ago, Barmes was a lock for ROY before he broke his collarbone, hitting for average, good pop, etc. Who is the real Clint Barmes, is he a middle of the road 2B/SS or is he a potential stud. I ask because I'm in a dynasty league and i am fielding Peralta who is a massive disappointment (again). I'm thinking of dropping him for Barmes, but not sure about his playing time if he struggles. Then again, he appears to have the same stroke back he had back in the day. Does he have the potential of a .300 - 25 - 90 - 100 middle infielder?

I'd appreciate some opinions from folks who have seen him in person or know alot about him....thanks in advance! BTW, he's on the waiver wire in this dynasty league.
jonance
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Clint Barmes the Real Deal?

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:07 pm

hes neither a stud nor free agent fodder. he can be a guy who could give you a high average and a good bit of runs atop the rockies order. limited power and not much speed. think, placido polanco in my eyes...

of course if he ever leaves coors field, he becomes aaron miles.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Re: Is Clint Barmes the Real Deal?

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:39 am

Just an update and for weekly lineups it looks like it is safe to put him back in for next week as he is eyeing a return the 23rd:

Jun 17 IF Clint Barmes (sprained right knee) began his rehabilitation assignment with Colorado Springs and went 1-for-2 with a walk and one run scored.

Also I agree completely with what Snakes Gould said. Barmes should hit for a decent average and get plenty of runs hitting at the top of the Rockies order.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers