Not sure what to do with my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Not sure what to do with my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Not sure what to do with my team

Postby banksrobbanks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm 8-3 in my league. I started off 8-1 but have been fallen off lately. Its a head to head league what do you guys think i need to upgrade... im hearin i gotta deal to get my outfield better but mclouth and burrell have been solid but im not sure why im not winnin lately?

Starting Line Up
B. McCann C
M. Teixeira 1B
B. Phillips 2B
D. Wright 3B
J. Rollins SS
P. Burrell OF
J. Guillen OF
N. McLouth OF
M. Reynolds U

Starting Pitching
J. Beckett SP
E. Bedard SP
R. Harden SP
C. Lee SP
G. Floyd SP

F. Cordero RP
T. Wellemeyer RP
K. Wood RP

Bench
C. Jackson 1B
C. Guzman SS
H. Pence OF
R. Cano U
S. Victorino U
P. Martinez SP
M. Scherzer SP
E. Guardado RP
R. Church OF
E. Gagne RP
D. Willis SP
banksrobbanks
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Not sure what to do with my team

Postby shappy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:04 pm

I would agree your OF is where your weakness is. If you can sure that up and get a solid top tier OF I think your team would be set. ROllins is starting to come around, phillips is a great 2b. You have cano on your bench and hopefully he comes around and you can use him to your advantage as far as a trade goes. McCann at catcher, you dont get much better then him this year. I just don't think you can trust guillen all year and your OF really needs some help.

Hopefully bedard can get it together, i see a more promising second half. I am actually trying to trade for him in my league. Cliff lee has been pretty bad the last few weeks, might contribute to part of your woes. Your top 3 pitchers are pretty good, and if lee pitches like he should and can I think you will be fine. Just try to improve for a better OF option then burrell or guillen.

help me out: viewtopic.php?t=352687

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby banksrobbanks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:12 pm

where should i even begin in getting my outfield better... everytime i try to get some outfield no one wants to deal with me unless i trade wright or rollins and who should i be gunnin for what outfielders do you think can be had for a resonable price that will produce
banksrobbanks
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shappy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 pm

if they want something like rollins, maybe see if you can buy low on the holliday since he just got off the dl from that owner.

You can look at crawford since he has a slight knee problem but should be fine. Rios and Vlad are two other guys you can try to buy low on along with granderson

Someone like markakis who is a good second half player could fit your team really nicely also

I would appreciate some help with my post.

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team