CBS Sportsline Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Sportsline Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS Sportsline Question

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:26 am

Bloody Sox wrote:I'm confused - does the phantom commissioner only review trades that have been vetoed by a majority of owners? If so, then what are you complaining about? How is it any different than any other league with vetoes, except that there's a chance that a wrongly vetoed deal will be overturned? At the very least, its a little better.

I assume this is a free public league? If so, I don't have much sympathy. If its not, I have even less since that means you're in a league with friends where you are relying on a phantom commissioner instead of one of you doing the job.

actually CBS also has pay leagues that pit you against strangers and use the phantom commish, so i'm assuming that is the case here
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LostInTheSauce » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 am

I never asked for sympathy. And I actually never asked for an opinion on CBS. I simply asked if anyone had an email addy. I am well aware that the people in my league are morons. Its a loose knit group of people who know each other. And I am sure their are no problems when the commish is one of your friends, right Bloody Sox? :-X
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:18 am

LostInTheSauce wrote:I never asked for sympathy. And I actually never asked for an opinion on CBS. I simply asked if anyone had an email addy. I am well aware that the people in my league are morons. Its a loose knit group of people who know each other. And I am sure their are no problems when the commish is one of your friends, right Bloody Sox? :-X

Well, when you vent a complaint that has no merit, you're kind of asking for an opinion. If you use a veto system where majority vote rules, then it goes to the phantom commissioner who may or may not overrule a bad veto, then its no worse than any other league that uses majority votes on trades.

I agree with you that veto systems are stupid - I had assumed that you were either in a free public league (where you can't expect much anyways) or in a league with friends, in which case I can't understand why you would use a true veto system and not rely on the commissioner. And to your last question, the answer is no - in my three main leagues (two of where I'm the commissioner) we've had maybe one trade controversy in the last 5 years.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers