CBS Sportsline Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Sportsline Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Sportsline Question

Postby LostInTheSauce » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:37 pm

First off I want to say that vetos are a joke. The only thing more stupid than a veto is the fact that some imaginary God like being ( CBS Commissioner ) can look at a trade with no knowledge of the standings, format, or team situation of the 2 traders. And blindly shoot it down. Well this happened to me a couple days ago so I reworked the trade. Now this one is shot down also. So my question is do any of you know the email address where I can contact the idiots at CBS? I would really appreciate it.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Sportsline Question

Postby Wade Boggs' Mustache » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:40 pm

I wouldn't waste your time. I found myself in the same situation as you a couple years back and emailed CBS, trying to justify my trade, but to no avail. I've never seen the CBS "phantom" commish approve anything. If your league mates veto, it's as good as done. This is one of the problems with CBS public leagues. Good luck trying to overturn this...
Wade Boggs' Mustache
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:59 am

yeah you're screwed. i'm sure you can find a contact CBS on the site somewhere, but you'll probably get some cookie-cutter response
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jswede » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:20 pm

I find CBS really good at answering questions / concerns etc - use "Help Center" at the top right of the menu bar.

However, something like this they my not be as responsive with....
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaveman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Wade Boggs' Mustache wrote:I've never seen the CBS "phantom" commish approve anything. If your league mates veto, it's as good as done. This is one of the problems with CBS public leagues. Good luck trying to overturn this...

I've actually seen two instances where the CBS commish approved trades vetoed by the league. One was Peavy for Carlos Lee/Youkilis. The other was Johan for Sheets/Percival. I have no idea why these trades were approved when other trades that were just as fair were denied by the CBS commish. It seems completely random. It's one of many complaints I have about the CBS setup.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LostInTheSauce » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Yeah I am done with em after this year.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:39 pm

LostInTheSauce wrote:Yeah I am done with em after this year.

So your league vetoed the trade and its CBS's fault? What was the trade?
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LostInTheSauce » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:01 pm

Yes it is their fault. To have some person who has no idea what is going on in the league have the power to blindly shoot down a trade is stupid. The owners are obviously stupid also but the so called commisioner is a joke. Like the other poster said. Its completely random whether he approves or rejects. If your in a league of morons who object every trade they see then there should be a fallback in place. The trade in question was my Kazmir Joba and Carlos Guillen for his Miguel Cabrera and Shields. That was after the first trade was shot down which was Billingsley and Guillen for Cabrera.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 pm

I think you have a few facts wrong. The CBS commish can see everything in your league. He/She/It? can see all rosters transactions and so forth. So to say it's happening blindly is not correct.

Second, I don't get why you would expect anything different. You'll get this on every site that has an anonymous commish. How many requests do you think they process each day for vetoes? You think they care about your own private situation and spend a day deliberating the merits of this trade in your league? How much did you pay for this league, and you expect some guy to spend 5 hours fretting over what you'll think of his decision?

The only way a site can efficiently act as commish is to lean towards supporting the result within the league. It's the members of your league that are the problem, not the site.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:54 am

I'm confused - does the phantom commissioner only review trades that have been vetoed by a majority of owners? If so, then what are you complaining about? How is it any different than any other league with vetoes, except that there's a chance that a wrongly vetoed deal will be overturned? At the very least, its a little better.

I assume this is a free public league? If so, I don't have much sympathy. If its not, I have even less since that means you're in a league with friends where you are relying on a phantom commissioner instead of one of you doing the job.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 20)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers