Mariners Fan Rejoice! Bavasi Fired - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mariners Fan Rejoice! Bavasi Fired

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mariners Fan Rejoice! Bavasi Fired

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:35 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:the best moves the mariners can make right now is to trade for konerko to play 1b after they cut sexson, then trade for hafner after they cut vidro. this gives them tons of power potential, and both players will come cheap cause theyre on the DL. its a classic buy low

Sorry but those would be horrible trades for Seattle. They need to get younger, cheaper players with more potential.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Yoda wrote:Sorry but those would be horrible trades for Seattle. They need to get younger, cheaper players with more potential.

joking yoda, joking. would think a man with a jester icon wouldve gotten it :-D

yes, they need to rebuild their farm system and get younger. the moves i posted would be ones like bavasi wouldve done ;-D
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:
Yoda wrote:Sorry but those would be horrible trades for Seattle. They need to get younger, cheaper players with more potential.

joking yoda, joking. would think a man with a jester icon wouldve gotten it :-D

yes, they need to rebuild their farm system and get younger. the moves i posted would be ones like bavasi wouldve done ;-D

lol you have to use this at the end ;-7
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Can O'Dowd get fired now too?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:Can O'Dowd get fired now too?

If he makes his own thread.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Can O'Dowd get fired now too?

If he makes his own thread.

/
racist
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby redstorm41 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:35 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:the best moves the mariners can make right now is to trade for konerko to play 1b after they cut sexson, then trade for hafner after they cut vidro. this gives them tons of power potential, and both players will come cheap cause theyre on the DL. its a classic buy low

I'm not so thrilled about that idea. So far getting the big name big power hitters have not worked out to the way they wanted. I like the idea of cutting ties with Richie Sexson, but what I think they should do is leave Kenji Johjima at catcher and see what Jeff Clement can do at 1B. It would be cheaper for them to do it this way rather than dealing for Paul Konerko or an overrated Travis Hafner. Plus, you would find out what kind of player you have in Clement. Two, find a place for Wladimir Balentien. He is the best OF prospect in the Mariners system and has no other room to grow in the minors. That means, deal Raul Ibanez for prospects, move Bloomquist to left field and have Balentien at right field. Believe me, Ibanez will get in some value. Next, since dealing their newest starters (Bedard and Silva would be a public relations nightmare), the next place to go is with Jarrod Washburn. Deal him, get some prospects, and move Morrow into the starting rotation. Having three power arms like Morrow, Hernandez, and Bedard could make a world of difference. To close, Green or Lowe would be the better option here. They may take some lumps, but where else are the Mariners going to go this season. If you are going to rebuild, do it right.
redstorm41
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:39 pm

redstorm41 wrote:

I'm not so thrilled about that idea. So far getting the big name big power hitters have not worked out to the way they wanted. I like the idea of cutting ties with Richie Sexson, but what I think they should do is leave Kenji Johjima at catcher and see what Jeff Clement can do at 1B. It would be cheaper for them to do it this way rather than dealing for Paul Konerko or an overrated Travis Hafner. Plus, you would find out what kind of player you have in Clement. Two, find a place for Wladimir Balentien. He is the best OF prospect in the Mariners system and has no other room to grow in the minors. That means, deal Raul Ibanez for prospects, move Bloomquist to left field and have Balentien at right field. Believe me, Ibanez will get in some value. Next, since dealing their newest starters (Bedard and Silva would be a public relations nightmare), the next place to go is with Jarrod Washburn. Deal him, get some prospects, and move Morrow into the starting rotation. Having three power arms like Morrow, Hernandez, and Bedard could make a world of difference. To close, Green or Lowe would be the better option here. They may take some lumps, but where else are the Mariners going to go this season. If you are going to rebuild, do it right.

Reading is your friend

WyldStallyn wrote:joking yoda, joking. would think a man with a jester icon wouldve gotten it :-D

Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Noah_B » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 pm

AussieDodger wrote:This could end up being an extreme makeover, should be entertaining to watch. ;-D

Might as well make Ty Pennington the GM, it could make for a hit series on ABC.
Noah_B
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Sending Clement to play first base makes sense to me now that Seattle has stuck themselves with Johjima for 3 more seasons. They need as many potential impact bats as possible and it's not like they have anybody coming up at first base anyway. Besides, we all know that Johjima at first base will fail miserably.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers