Konerko to DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Konerko to DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Konerko to DL?

Postby ABA316 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:40 am

Goodness..another one of my team?

Konerko has been scratched from Sunday's game against the Rockies due to a strained left oblique and could be headed to the DL, the team's official site reports.
Spin: An off day on Monday will certainly help him out but a DL stint is still a possibility given the nature of the injury. "You know when you [have] problems with the rib cage, you hope for the best, but I'm not too optimistic about it," manager Ozzie Guillen said regarding a possible trip to the DL. "Most of the times, that happens. Because that's a real sensitive area, and the one you use the most when you play baseball."
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Konerko to DL?

Postby River Rat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:25 pm

I have already had to make other plans for Konerko in three leagues, one weekly. Yes, that means keep him and drop some loose ends in the pitching department.

I am hoping he does not go on the DL and they just rest him through Friday. That way, Konerko can be positioned back at 1B when the White Sox are forced to sit Thome during interleague play.

We will have to wait and see what happens...
River Rat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jibmasterflex » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 am

if your really relying on Konerko this year your team is not very good, I have already becnhed him in an AL only this week as I've been waiting on him to show up all year .215 8HRs..I think we have another Richie Sexson on our hands...
Jibmasterflex
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Jibmasterflex wrote:if your really relying on Konerko this year your team is not very good, I have already becnhed him in an AL only this week as I've been waiting on him to show up all year .215 8HRs..I think we have another Richie Sexson on our hands...

Thanks for that!! :-t With Ortiz on the DL, I've been relying on Konerko. Now I have Votto as my lone 1B. I've lost 4 weeks in a row, and it ain't lookin good this week. :-P

Put him on the DL, and lets hope he gets hot when he comes back.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby smalls2598 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Konerko officially placed on the DL, per Rotoworld:

White Sox placed 1B Paul Konerko on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1 strain of his left oblique muscle.
The move was retroactive to June 15. He suffered the injury before Sunday's game, and this will be the 32-year-old's first career trip to the disabled list. Konerko was unsure he'd need to go on the disabled list at all, which is a decent sign he won't need much more than the minimum. Jun. 17 - 2:27 pm et
smalls2598
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Howie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:42 pm

He gone!
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)