Help Fast.. CBS H2h - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help Fast.. CBS H2h

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help Fast.. CBS H2h

Postby bpizle » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 am

im the commish of a h2h on cbs, 10 teams 9 cats.. Basically this has been a problem since day 1. We have a problem with streaming pitchers, basically we have too many people just picking up free agent pitchers each week. Were basically wanting to just put a cap on how many pitchers some1 can pick up in a week, can someone tell me how to do this under the rules? We have already gotten majority of the league to agree on this matter as well.. I'm putting this into effect at the ASB.

Thanks and Please Respond.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Fast.. CBS H2h

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm

I take it you need help fast....

Seriously though, I think you need a unanimous agreement to install new rules midseason. Obviously the teams that benefit from the rule change (those with locked in starters) will support it and those hurt by it would oppose it. A major rule change shouldnt happen midseason (IMHO).

That said, there are a number of ways to do this.

Weekly Inning Limit - If you do it this way there are some complications, but I usually do (P+RP+SP x 12). So if you have spots for 7 pitchers the most starts you can have in a week is about 10 (leaving space for relievers). It does allow someone to spot start if a couple starters come up way short.

Weekly starts limit - Number of SP/P slots x 2 usually. That means at most someone is picking up a second start for each slot.

Weekly/season transaction limit- Arbitrary, but I think 3-4 a week or 50-70 a season can usually cover injuries/slumping players and hot streak pickups.

Weekly Starting Pitcher Pickups - You can limit the number of SP someone can pick up a week, but that can really get complicated since most websites arent set up for that, so it has to be self policed.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bpizle » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Yes, sorry for the quadruple post the cafe wasnt loading for me. But like you said, It can get complicating, I just want to know if you guys have caps? And how did you do them?
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

I'll answer here too i guess...

You cant do jacks*** unless all 10 teams agree. The rules are the rules, you live and learn and fix it next year if you want. Some mangers looked at the rules and categories and drafted specifically to stream. For this year... all you can do is find a way to defend against it.

WHAT TO DO NEXT YEAR:

I wouldn't do any caps. If people want to be hyperactive let them, thats half the fun! The key is in the categories. What if you make your pitching categories... W, L, K, ERA, SV, WHIP... streaming dies with those categories. And hey, if someone can succeed streaming with those categories, they deserve to win!
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bpizle » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Thats the thing, is there a way to do like a all-around cap for all players? Or how does a waiver system work in your guys leagues?
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lilfrier » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 am

If we implement ERA and WHIP, it is essentially a ROTO league. I hate the waiver system, especially turning it on mid-season. What it does is puts every player on waivers for 1-2 days, and it's BS. As much as I hate waivers, and I will never agree to them being added, we have to fix it. We actually had a team score 182 of its 410 points off of his 21 streamed SPs! That's not including th ones he already had. On top of that, if we didn't allow the streaming, I would only be down be about .5 pts. this weeks instead of 30+. In both cases, the teams are getting about 45% of their scoring off of streaming. It's actually BENEFITTING having crap players on your team, because more trash players = more streaming slots. Even after that, I don't want waivers implemented. By the way, I'm in the league with him...
lilfrier
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:40 pm

lilfrier wrote:If we implement ERA and WHIP, it is essentially a ROTO league. I hate the waiver system, especially turning it on mid-season. What it does is puts every player on waivers for 1-2 days, and it's BS. As much as I hate waivers, and I will never agree to them being added, we have to fix it. We actually had a team score 182 of its 410 points off of his 21 streamed SPs! That's not including th ones he already had. On top of that, if we didn't allow the streaming, I would only be down be about .5 pts. this weeks instead of 30+. In both cases, the teams are getting about 45% of their scoring off of streaming. It's actually BENEFITTING having crap players on your team, because more trash players = more streaming slots. Even after that, I don't want waivers implemented. By the way, I'm in the league with him...

So you want to change the rules mid season to help your own team? Sounds like you are the dishonest one.

I gave you like 5 options to cap streaming, learn to read please.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner