Chien-Ming Wang hurt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chien-Ming Wang hurt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chien-Ming Wang hurt

Postby JoshExley » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:17 pm

I guess it's final: The Yanks will be BUYERS before the trade deadline...

Sabathia???
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Noggy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 pm

superslugger616 wrote:Who will take his rotation spot?

It will probably be Dan Giese for now, not exactly someone worth rushing out to add to your fantasy team. Of the Yankees' AAA pitchers, the one with the best chance to be an impact fantasy player is Alan Horne.

JoshExley wrote:I guess it's final: The Yanks will be BUYERS before the trade deadline...

Sabathia???

I think if the Yankees make a trade, it will be within the next two weeks. They can't afford to wait until the deadline with ticking timebombs like Rasner, Mussina and (probably) Giese in the rotation. And of course the problem with going after CC now is that Cleveland's in a bad division and may not view themselves out of playoff contention yet. I've been listening to local sports radio and Bronson Arroyo's named was brought up and that made me throw up a little.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby superslugger616 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Will Kennedy start when he gets healthy?
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Carew7 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 pm

so does this mean drop Wang? damn that hurts i have the worst rotation in my league already and now i lose him.. but i have zimmerman on the dl and dont wanna drop him.. so is it time to cut Wang loose?
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kolobok » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:19 pm

I dropped him in all 3 leagues .In 1 league i had gallardo out for year, then wang out, C.Young out half year and Oswalt sucking just dropped :~(
kolobok
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby tah161 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:39 pm

On Baseball tonight they are saying he is out until september at the soonest.

I guess he is droppable now?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:20 pm

ESPN.com wrote:NEW YORK -- Yankees ace Chien-Ming Wang is expected to be sidelined until at least September after injuring his foot running the bases, prompting club co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner to chastise the National League for playing without a designated hitter.
"My only message is simple. The National League needs to join the 21st century," Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. "They need to grow up and join the 21st century.

"Am I [mad] about it? Yes," Steinbrenner added. "I've got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He's going to be out. I don't like that, and it's about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s."
"This is always a concern of American League teams when their pitchers have to run the bases and they're not used to doing it," Steinbrenner said. "It's not just us. It's everybody. It probably should be a concern for National League owners, general managers and managers when their pitchers run the bases. Pitchers have enough to do without having to do that."

Translated: :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

Seriously, the opposite argument could be made. Shoot, he even says it: They're not used to doing it.

Maybe that means they should get rid of the DH. O:-) :-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:27 pm

:~(

I have him in a 16 team auction keeper league; luckily I have four DL spots and can stash him. He's likely going to be a keeper for me anyways at $1 (got him in the initial draft two years ago for that price), and hopefully he'll come back later in the year and make some solid contributions.

As for my 12 team league, he's already off my team. Can't afford to stash him with three others injured and only one DL spot. :-t
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hscsoph » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 pm

JTWood wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:NEW YORK -- Yankees ace Chien-Ming Wang is expected to be sidelined until at least September after injuring his foot running the bases, prompting club co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner to chastise the National League for playing without a designated hitter.
"My only message is simple. The National League needs to join the 21st century," Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. "They need to grow up and join the 21st century.

"Am I [mad] about it? Yes," Steinbrenner added. "I've got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He's going to be out. I don't like that, and it's about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s."
"This is always a concern of American League teams when their pitchers have to run the bases and they're not used to doing it," Steinbrenner said. "It's not just us. It's everybody. It probably should be a concern for National League owners, general managers and managers when their pitchers run the bases. Pitchers have enough to do without having to do that."

Translated: :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

Seriously, the opposite argument could be made. Shoot, he even says it: They're not used to doing it.

Maybe that means they should get rid of the DH. O:-) :-D

With the money people are paying ptichers now I don't think they should be batting. The chance of them getting hurt running the bases or getting hit by a pitch in the hand, etc...doesn't make sense for guys who are being paid in the upwards of $10 million a year.
Montero MigCab Beckham Andrus Sandoval Lind J Upton Ellsbury Braun Markakis Willingham B Roberts B Anderson Ubaldo "no hit" Jimenez Nolasco F Cordero Rodney Morales Baker Matusz Lilly Marcum Scherzer Romero Porcello
hscsoph
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Does anyone know how many times a pitcher has actually been DL'd as a result of a hitting/base running incident? I'm curious to know how big, or small, of an issue it really is. I've started a thread on Steinbrenner's comments in baseball leftovers.

viewtopic.php?t=352824
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates