MCab Wallpaper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

MCab Wallpaper

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

MCab Wallpaper

Postby soty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm

What do you guys think? I havent done very many wallpapers so please go easy on me. :-D

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/563/mcabwpja0.jpg
Last edited by soty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MCab Wallpaper

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:46 pm

your current sig looks a lot like one i did like 2 years ago ;-D

i couldnt see your wall...the link didnt work for me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:your current sig looks a lot like one i did like 2 years ago ;-D

I dont really know how to insert a small pic of the wallpaper for you to click on so I probably screwed it up. Anyways I just posted a link to it so you should be able to see it now. ;-D As for the sigs being alike...I had no idea that you had a background like that too. I wasnt copying you, I just saw the pic and I figured it would be a great background. ;-)
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:39 pm

soty wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:your current sig looks a lot like one i did like 2 years ago ;-D

I dont really know how to insert a small pic of the wallpaper for you to click on so I probably screwed it up. Anyways I just posted a link to it so you should be able to see it now. ;-D As for the sigs being alike...I had no idea that you had a background like that too. I wasnt copying you, I just saw the pic and I figured it would be a great background. ;-)

i wasnt suggesting you were. i made that so long ago, one of my first ones i actually thought was ok. just thought it was cool we choose the same 2 pics ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
soty wrote:

i wasnt suggesting you were. i made that so long ago, one of my first ones i actually thought was ok. just thought it was cool we choose the same 2 pics ;-D
Oh I see. Yeah that is interesting how we chose the same background. So what did you think about the wallpaper? Could you see it this time?
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby smoovethug » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm

I'd probably take the scanlines/pattern off of MCab. It's got fine detail and is a pretty good looking wall for one of your first.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby abrage22 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:22 pm

I like it soty ;-D ;-D

only thing is i don't really care for the miguel cabrera text over the bigger font, it just doesn't really work well to me. but otherwise great stuff man
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby soty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks guys. If/when I make another one I will take your suggestions into consideration. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 pm

smoovethug wrote:I'd probably take the scanlines/pattern off of MCab. It's got fine detail and is a pretty good looking wall for one of your first.

id agree with this...i would lower the text box a good bit too...seems a little too high to me. id probably brighten the center of the wall too a little bit more as well. my last suggestion would be to spice of mcab himself a little bit. a few more effects/lighting on him.

but all in all its very solid for your first wall...i had some trouble with mine as well. its a whole different animal than a 400x100 sig, thats for sure.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Contests and Showing Off