Chase Headley to be called up... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chase Headley to be called up...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chase Headley to be called up...

Postby ROC AllStars » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:14 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:
howardryan6 wrote:I'd say Headley. Stewart is mainly a fill in for injured players right now. He will start next year.

Take whatever this guy says with a grain of salt. He thinks Kelly Johnson is better than Brandon Phillips.

Regardless of what he thinks of Johnson/Phillips, I think he's right on this one. If you're worried about Headley's K rate, you should be really worried about Stewart's, as of Friday he had struck out in 22/45 AB's. With Tulo and Barmes coming back IMO Stewart is heading back to AAA. If its any indication, he's owned in only 0.1% of ESPN leagues, whereas Headley is at 18.1 and climbing.
Last edited by ROC AllStars on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby howardryan6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:Take whatever this guy says with a grain of salt. He thinks Kelly Johnson is better than Brandon Phillips.

Aww... somebody is mad because I am smarter than them. That is cute.
Jay Bruce is mah franchize. I love you Chris Davis!
howardryan6 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:00 pm

ROC AllStars wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:
howardryan6 wrote:I'd say Headley. Stewart is mainly a fill in for injured players right now. He will start next year.

Take whatever this guy says with a grain of salt. He thinks Kelly Johnson is better than Brandon Phillips.

Regardless of what he thinks of Johnson/Phillips, I think he's right on this one. If you're worried about Headley's K rate, you should be really worried about Stewart's, as of Friday he had struck out in 22/45 AB's. With Tulo and Barmes coming back IMO Stewart is heading back to AAA. If its any indication, he's owned in only 0.1% of ESPN leagues, whereas Headley is at 18.1 and climbing.

I'm actually starting to wonder about how much K rate really matters with some of the better hitting prospects like headley and bruce. It sure doesn't hurt braun,pence, hart and kemp as much as you would think.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ROC AllStars » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:16 pm

jdsun1 wrote:I'm actually starting to wonder about how much K rate really matters with some of the better hitting prospects like headley and bruce. It sure doesn't hurt braun,pence, hart and kemp as much as you would think.

In some formats you're right on here. I play in two leagues, H2H and Points. In the H2H the K rate isn't nearly as big a problem as in the Points, where a K scores -1. I drafted Kemp in that league but had to let him go despite his above average BA and handful of steals because of his K's. I guess some people argue that if a player has a high BA but also a high K rate they are not likely to keep their average up (everyone is making this case against Uggla right now), but you do point out a few counter cases where that doesn't seem to be the case.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 37)

Postby fernkes2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 pm

Well his night went well.. 2/4 with 2 singles, he faced pettitte a lefty and batted right handed in his first 3 at bats got the count up on first two plate apperences and came up firing on his 3rd apperance. Last at bat faced Rivera batting left and struck out.. Over all it was a very goo opening night for him .. Padres lost 0-8
PADRES WILL WIN THE WEST FOR A TRIPLE CROWN
fernkes2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:17 pm

fernkes2 wrote:Well his night went well.. 2/4 with 2 singles, he faced pettitte a lefty and batted right handed in his first 3 at bats got the count up on first two plate apperences and came up firing on his 3rd apperance. Last at bat faced Rivera batting left and struck out.. Over all it was a very goo opening night for him .. Padres lost 0-8

2 of his outs tonight came off of strikeouts and he had a very high K rate in the minors. the 2-4 night is nice, but unless he can turn into Ryan Braun overnight I would be a little leary of the high K rate right now.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fernkes2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:11 am

well he has hit one... a solo HR off the reliever, looked good at the plate once again, flied out every at bat to deep right and center field)once with the bases loaded which looked like a grand slam, but got under it just a little bit. Just hold tight to him, he going to hit
PADRES WILL WIN THE WEST FOR A TRIPLE CROWN
fernkes2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jackie hayes » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Per rotoworld, Kouz getting an MRI on his back, so Headley may be in line for some more time at 3b initially. Could delay his of eligibility a bit.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 274)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates