Jacoby Ellsbury's trade value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jacoby Ellsbury's trade value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jacoby Ellsbury's trade value?

Postby Andy1234 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Say your trying to convert Ellsbury's speed into a power hitter,
What player could you get in a one-for-one deal for him?

he's most valuble in roto leagues so use that when you reply
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jacoby Ellsbury's trade value?

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:51 pm

I was light on steals so I just traded Jay Bruce straight up for Jacoby a couple days ago in a 5x5 roto league.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:19 pm

If I were the ultra-annoying Scott Engel from ESPN answering your question in a chat, I'd say "there is no way to know what Ellsbury could return you in a trade, send out a few offers and see what you can get" - god, I hate that guy.

I think you'd have a decent shot at getting Dunn, Chipper (if someone feared the injury risk), Adrian Gonzalez, or Uggla.

I doubt you'd be able to get a Howard or Manny type.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby WyldStallyn » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 pm

find an obvious sox fan in the league and then send him an offer. a lot of them seem to way overvalue their players (myself not included). i would expect him to bring back someone like dunn
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Depends on the person you offer him to.
Not everybody is on course for 70ish steals.
I'd say you could get anybody 3rd round and below. But you might get lucky.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Matthias » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:If I were the ultra-annoying Scott Engel from ESPN answering your question in a chat, I'd say "there is no way to know what Ellsbury could return you in a trade, send out a few offers and see what you can get" - god, I hate that guy.

I think you'd have a decent shot at getting Dunn, Chipper (if someone feared the injury risk), Adrian Gonzalez, or Uggla.

Chipper? Seriously?

Dude, you couldn't get Chipper for Crawford or maybe even Hanley right now, much less Ellsbury.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Matthias wrote:
Bloody Sox wrote:If I were the ultra-annoying Scott Engel from ESPN answering your question in a chat, I'd say "there is no way to know what Ellsbury could return you in a trade, send out a few offers and see what you can get" - god, I hate that guy.

Chipper? Seriously?

Dude, you couldn't get Chipper for Crawford or maybe even Hanley right now, much less Ellsbury.

I beg to differ... a guy in my league who owns him has been trying to trade him because he's afraid of the injury risk and would have swapped him pretty much straight-up for Atkins (as part of a bigger deal that fell through). It's definitely a stretch as a straight up for Ellsbury, which is why I qualified it with "if someone feared the injury risk". That said, its a much less absurd notion that someone not accepting Hanley in return for Chipper.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby j24jags » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm

It all depends on your needs. If you need a catcher I'd say packaging him with your catcher could land any catcher in baseball. If you need pitching I'd say almost anybody outside of Webb/Johan/Peavy/Volquez could be had for him plus a back of the rotation starter (Halladay, Kazmir, Hamels, Haren, Lackey, Beckett are all great targets). I'm assuming you don't need a closer but you can get any closer in baseball for him right now. As far as other positional players, I'd say rule out the obvious first round picks (Hanley, A-Rod, Wright etc) and guys who have been ridiculous (Chipper, Berkman, Hamilton etc.) and you can get just about anyone else (Aramis, D. Lee, Morneau, BJ Upton, etc. whatever you need)
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers