Fantasy Outlook -- Jason Kendall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates

Fantasy Outlook -- Jason Kendall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Outlook -- Jason Kendall

Postby BravesBoy » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:45 pm

Reported by Josh Brady, Monday, March 3, 2003

Jason Kendall is the perfect example of why you shouldn't slide into first. All baseball fans remember the bone sticking out of his ankle after trying to beat out the throw, but it cost him. Jason has never been exactly the same player since but he's still ranked as one of the top 5 catchers in the game.

Last year Kendall's power numbers took a dive farther than the year before, hitting only 3 HR in 545 at bats. He's only 28 years of age and still has some good years behind the plate. Last year he tried to play the outfield but never really seemed comfortable and with the signings of Matt Stairs and Reggie Sanders it looks like he will he a catcher for at least the next 2 years.

In AA the Pirates have a prospect who has been on the rise for awhile, supposedly he was going to replace Jason Kendall after his past 3 sub-par years. His name is JR House, but after battling a rib cage problem and eventually having to get surgery, it looks like Kendall will keep his job.

Jason did have minor surgery on his left foot this past offseason, but as I said it was minor and he's been fine in spring training thus far.

My fantasy projections for Kendall this year are.....

Average - .285
Homeruns - 8
Runs - 70
Runs Batted In - 50
Stolen Bases - 15
On-Base Percentage - .355
Despite all my rage
I am still just a rat in a cage
BravesBoy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

It also helps

Postby Ballwreckers » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:53 pm

It also helps when Kendall has contacts to see the ball. He said last year he couldn't see the ball spin, and this spring he said he can see everything. Kind of looks he is going to have a decent year with a more vetern line-up ahead of him.
Ballwreckers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates