20 team keeper league, any glaring weaknesses? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

20 team keeper league, any glaring weaknesses?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

20 team keeper league, any glaring weaknesses?

Postby V » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:20 pm

So... I'm in 7th/20; 9 GB of 1st, 5.5 out of 2nd (and 1st is way overachieving). 7-3 vs. team #4 right now, with the possibility of 9-1, and unlikely to do worse than 7-3 unless Jose Reyes steals 3 bases over the next two days.

I will need to clear a couple roster spots over the few weeks for my DL guys, so looking to make 2 for 1 deals or the like, but I'm getting close to cutting my losses on Griffey, and Kubel was a recent pickup, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with my team. I've had the #1 offense (#1 R, RBI, HR, #2 AVG, #5 SB) so far this season (though I recently dealt Berkman), and had horrid pitching until recently (Pettitte and Perez figuring it out, traded for Kazmir, Harang, Lackey (Berkman for the first two, Jeter for the latter), but I don't see any glaring weaknesses, except possibly a higher ceiling closer (and I usually shy away from overpaying for closers).

So, uh, whaddya guys thing? I'll return the favor, to be sure.

C: Geovany Soto
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Mark Ellis
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Orlando Cabrera
OF: Nate McLouth
OF: Josh Hamilton
OF: Juan Pierre
Util: Jason Kubel
BN: Ken Griffey, Jr.
BN: Carlos Pena (DL)

SP: John Lackey
SP: Scott Kazmir
RP: Salomon Torres
RP: Rafael Soriano
P: Troy Percival
P: Aaron Harang
P: Oliver Perez
BN: Andy Pettitte
BN: Aaron Laffey
BN: Daisuke Matsuzaka (DL)
V
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 20 team keeper league, any glaring weaknesses?

Postby bpizle » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:23 am

Like you mentioned a closer is nice, but in most formats a SP is definantly valued heavily.. To me your roster is good, when Dice-K comes back, it will be a major break for you. The only thing I can think of is MAYBE trading a top notch hitter for a top 10 pitcher ( just to get more SP wins ).. Other than that, if your in 7th its a competitive league. Also, try to trade Harang after his win tonight, you maybe could sell high.
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team