Billingsley. I could use some opinions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Billingsley. I could use some opinions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Billingsley. I could use some opinions

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Someone is telling me that Billingsley is crap, just like Brett Myers, and he contributes nothing to fantasy besides a few K's. And, that he's at best a top 50 pitcher, at best, and is horribly inconsistent and is pretty much Waiver Wire material.

I won't say what I think about this, but what do you guys think? I'd like o hear your opinions. I think I know what you'll say, but this just seems so perposterous to me.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Billingsley. I could use some opinions

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Hmm, same person is telling me that Danks is a TERRIBLE pitcher, and his "HUGE" 3.13 ERA is inexcusable. HGe only has 4 wins, so he;'s worth less than Kyle Lohse and Joel Piniero, and he should be dropped.

Hmmmmm.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana168 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm

well clearly whoever you are talking to is either a complete moron or is just simply telling you this so you sell him those players cheap in a trade. i know i've done that many times lol, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. bills is going to be a top fantasy pitcher next year if not this year. he is going to put up tremendous strikeout numbers and wins if the dodgers can manifest some runs. as long as he keeps his control in check he wil be a top 10-15 pitcher this time next year. as far as danks goes, he's for sure not as good as bills, but he is much, much better than lohse or piniero. i think he is def. overachieving this year, but he is a former 1st round pick. do NOT drop danks for either of those guys and bills is a top 20 pitcher right now.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ha_jai » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Yea, that guy is just blowing wind. Billingsley is very close to a must start against any team. He had a couple of consectutive rough starts, but prior to that, he was absolutely dominant in 6 of 7 starts. Think that guy is trying to buy low from you. Pay him no heed. Danks is a decent option right now as long as he is going good. He is probably pitching better than what people expect so I would expect some regression once the Summer heat comes along.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:13 pm

LOL, Billingsley is not even 24 yet. Of course he going to be inconsistant at times, I think with in the next 2 years he will be a top 10 pitcher.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby superjags99 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:19 pm

i gotta say Billingsley reminds me alot of how Kazmir used to pitch. ERA in the high 3's high WHIP and tons of K's, until Kazmir started to put things together around the allstar break last year and became a fantasy ace. I think Billingsley if not this year than next year is going to turn the corner and get onto the top tier of pitchers.
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby aberry33 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:37 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:Someone is telling me that Billingsley is crap, just like Brett Myers, and he contributes nothing to fantasy besides a few K's. And, that he's at best a top 50 pitcher, at best, and is horribly inconsistent and is pretty much Waiver Wire material.

I won't say what I think about this, but what do you guys think? I'd like o hear your opinions. I think I know what you'll say, but this just seems so perposterous to me.

What are you asking? Billingsley is good. Seems like a waste of a post.
aberry33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NZ Eff » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 am

In my mind Billingsley is a Top 20 pitcher. He should not be anywhere near the waiver wire in any league of 10 teams or more. Keeper or non-keeper.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am

aberry33 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:Someone is telling me that Billingsley is crap, just like Brett Myers, and he contributes nothing to fantasy besides a few K's. And, that he's at best a top 50 pitcher, at best, and is horribly inconsistent and is pretty much Waiver Wire material.

What are you asking? Billingsley is good. Seems like a waste of a post.

I bet someone that i could get people to agree with me, as he thinks saying Billingsley is top 20 is like saying Crede is better than A-Rod, just totally ourlandish, so I used the forums to show him his idiocy.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bjorne Greece » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Chad had a little bit of a rough start to the year, the first 2-3 weeks weren't great, but he's been very good overall since then.

And as for not winning many games, of course he doesn't win many. Since I'm a Dodger fan I actually looked something up the other day - since MAY FIRST they've lost 20 games in which they've scored 2 or fewer runs...that's just in a month and a half. If he can get a few runs, the wins will come.
Bjorne Greece
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates