Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mike Gonzalez

Postby wildbill » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Here's the latest from rotoworld:

Jun. 13 - 4:05 am et
While the Braves' pen floundered, Mike Gonzalez (elbow) pitched 1 1/3 scoreless innings Thursday for Triple-A Richmond.
Gonzalez did issue his first walk since beginning his rehab assignment. He's allowed one run and struck out 10 in nine innings between Double-A Mississippi and Richmond.

Jun. 13 - 8:51 am et
Rafael Soriano (elbow) will visit the doctor who performed his Tommy John surgery over the weekend.
Soriano has felt soreness in his elbow since warming up last Friday, and he hasn't pitched since. An MRI last month showed no ligament damage, but Soriano will likely be put through more tests. Mike Gonzalez continues to look like a needed addition to both the Braves and fantasy teams.

From what I've read and heard I'd be surprised if they didn't activate him sometime next week at the latest. Maybe 1 more appearance over the weekend at AAA, even though he appears ready now.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pizzaboy76 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks for the update.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby BigRy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 pm

i need him activated pronto. I have been unfortunate enough to have had to deal with the braves closer mess. Ive had Accosta, Soriano (drafted) and i have Gonzo waiting to be activated. C'mon bravos make it happen!
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AmazinMeTS86 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Acosta in for the 7th tonight...they must be using Bennett again if a save chance arises. Signs are pointing to Gonzo when he returns, as most have been saying in the leftovers forum. I just grabbed hom for the second half encase one of my closers implodes.
AmazinMeTS86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moozzy77 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Mike threw a perfect inning tonight striking out 2. Any day now bobby. Just call up Gonzo and send down Acosta.
moozzy77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigRy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 am

moozzy77 wrote:Mike threw a perfect inning tonight striking out 2. Any day now bobby. Just call up Gonzo and send down Acosta.
that is good news. I finally just dumped Soriano. I dont have any room for him on the DL. I picked up Gonzo a few days ago. IM ready for his callup.
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby howardryan6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:42 am

Mike really deserves the closing job for the Braves. I am interested to see how Bobby Cox handles it.
Jay Bruce is mah franchize. I love you Chris Davis!
howardryan6 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SAKIC_19 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:05 pm

From Rotoworld:

Updating an earlier report, Mike Gonzalez (elbow) will be returning to the Braves on Tuesday and will join the active roster on Wednesday, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. "He's throwing good, they say," said manager Bobby Cox. "Hopefully we can count on him for the very end — eighth and ninth. If he's back to his old form, it's a huge plus."

Our View: With all the injuries in the Braves pen there certainly would appear to be an opportunity for Gonzalez to work his way into the closers role in short order if he displays his old form. He allowed just one earned run in 11 innings with one walk and 12 K in Triple-A, so he appears to be throwing the ball very well at the moment.
SAKIC_19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Thanks for the update. I picked him up 2 days ago. With the talk of Fuentes being traded I sure am glad to hear this.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates