Matt Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:kemp in a package for bay or ordonez? :-? :-?

kemp has more value alone in my opinion than either of those two.

This is true, making it all the more likely the Dodgers will trade him away!
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Trading Kemp would certainly fit their program. Bring in an expensive, over the hill, overrated player instead.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Element » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:32 pm

I would literally break down in tears if Kemp were traded for one of those guys. He strikes out a lot, but he does so many other things well. You know that the power will come along and he has down a terrific job in CF. What happens if Andruw is unable to return or heads back to the DL? Pierre in CF? Been there and done that. It didn't work out too well.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 789)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Can Kemp play LF? He'll get more playing time as Alou's backup than platooning in LA's outfield.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Can Kemp play LF? He'll get more playing time as Alou's backup than platooning in LA's outfield.

He isnt plantooning as of right now because Andruw Jones is on the DL, but even before that he was starting most games besides at the beginning of the season.

and Why would he go the Mets? lol, who could they possibly trade for him?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby daniel80111 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm

if you dont trade him for Holliday you would be absolutely crazy. There is nothing out there that tells me that Kemp can be as good as Holliday. The only thing that Kemp has on him will be speed, I dont ever see Kemp hitting 35+ HR driving in 135 RBI's. The Kemp Potential Kool Aid is just much too overvalued. This is coming from by far and away the largest Dodger supporter on this board.
daniel80111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm

daniel80111 wrote:if you dont trade him for Holliday you would be absolutely crazy. There is nothing out there that tells me that Kemp can be as good as Holliday. The only thing that Kemp has on him will be speed, I dont ever see Kemp hitting 35+ HR driving in 135 RBI's. The Kemp Potential Kool Aid is just much too overvalued. This is coming from by far and away the largest Dodger supporter on this board.

you obviously haven't watched this kid play
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:25 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
daniel80111 wrote:if you dont trade him for Holliday you would be absolutely crazy. There is nothing out there that tells me that Kemp can be as good as Holliday. The only thing that Kemp has on him will be speed, I dont ever see Kemp hitting 35+ HR driving in 135 RBI's. The Kemp Potential Kool Aid is just much too overvalued. This is coming from by far and away the largest Dodger supporter on this board.

you obviously haven't watched this kid play

That was funny. :-D
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:29 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I'd take Kemp for Ordonez! ;-D

Maggs is quite expensive and up there in age while Detroit isn't in fire sale mode yet. He's either the worst or second-worst option the Dodgers could consider.

We don't even have Dodger fans on this board. ;-7

Kemp has the power talent, as some would say he has a Manny Ramirez-type stroke that could develop. The question is if and when he ever matures to the point of realizing his ceiling or if he needs a change of environment to do such in. Supposedly, management is impatient about the kids (Loney and Ethier included) that have had their growing pains, especially with Kemp, seeing how there were a lot of inquiries over the offseason, which would've entailed coming up with a package for a big-ticket player (Johan Santana comes to mind). Kemp has a world of talent, but his plate discipline is sketchy for the most part (as expected from a young hitter anyway) and that's what has held him back.

I don't see the Dodgers getting Holliday because the Rockies will be looking for a lucrative package with Kemp not being enough. Colletti was really cautious in wanting to deal Kemp and it should be interesting to see if he's less cautious in dealing some good/great talent on the side with Kemp to make a move for one of the four OF linked.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:14 pm

tah161 wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Can Kemp play LF? He'll get more playing time as Alou's backup than platooning in LA's outfield.

He isnt plantooning as of right now because Andruw Jones is on the DL, but even before that he was starting most games besides at the beginning of the season.

and Why would he go the Mets? lol, who could they possibly trade for him?

I know Jones is out now and I can dream.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers