Matt Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Kemp

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am

Do you guys think he will still be a dodger at the end of the season?

If not who do you think the Dodgers will trade him for?
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:27 am

tah161 wrote:Do you guys think he will still be a dodger at the end of the season?

If not who do you think the Dodgers will trade him for?


:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?


why do you think the dodgers would trade him? hes one of the best OF prospects in baseball :-? :-?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
tah161 wrote:Do you guys think he will still be a dodger at the end of the season?

If not who do you think the Dodgers will trade him for?


:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?


why do you think the dodgers would trade him? hes one of the best OF prospects in baseball :-? :-?



http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7780/news


Im not saying they will but there is still always the possibility.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 am

Jun 12 FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports the Los Angeles Dodgers could trade for virtually any hitter on the trade market if they decide to deal OF Matt Kemp.


seems silly to me to trade kemp for an older, closer to FA hitter like adam dunn.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 am

I wouldnt put it past the Dodgers :-b

I mean they did sign Andruw Jones.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:40 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
tah161 wrote:Do you guys think he will still be a dodger at the end of the season?

If not who do you think the Dodgers will trade him for?


:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?


why do you think the dodgers would trade him? hes one of the best OF prospects in baseball :-? :-?


Jun 12 FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports the Los Angeles Dodgers could trade for virtually any hitter on the trade market if they decide to deal OF Matt Kemp. "If we get to the point where we can definitively improve ourselves, we'll do it," general manager Ned Colletti.


http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/06/rosenthals-la-4.html

What are they thinking??
Oh that's right not much as usual. }:-)
They were also shopping LaRoche in the offseason.
Keep Pierre and A.Jones, lose Kemp, and keep Nomar lose LaRoche. 8-o
Colletti needs a PhD in GMing. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby tah161 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 am

here is the article to the link above.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8233 ... 162&ATT=49
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 555
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah, I read that Rosenthal piece a couple of days back. Trading Kemp in a package for Dunn, Bay, or Ordonez makes no sense for various reasons and I don't see us landing Holliday, though that's the best option if we ever had to deal Kemp, but I tend to think each of those scenarios is unlikely. The management is getting impatient and they've made some dopey moves, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. The ownership and front office management are a bloody travesty.
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Yeah, I read that Rosenthal piece a couple of days back. Trading Kemp in a package for Dunn, Bay, or Ordonez makes no sense for various reasons and I don't see us landing Holliday, though that's the best option if we ever had to deal Kemp, but I tend to think each of those scenarios is unlikely. The management is getting impatient and they've made some dopey moves, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. The ownership and front office management are a bloody travesty.



I'd take Kemp for Ordonez! ;-D
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 pm

kemp in a package for bay or ordonez? :-? :-?

kemp has more value alone in my opinion than either of those two.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact