The A-Rod Situation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The A-Rod Situation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The A-Rod Situation

Postby MLBfanatic04 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:14 pm

What would be the better option, putting A-rod in the 3b spot and grabbing a top tier MI 2nd round along with a stud SP (I have first pick so i get the back to back in a 8 team league: picks 16-17), aka nomar. tejada. boone and then when the 32-33 pick come around grab the two best available bats/hurlers

or

putting him at SS and getting a stud SP and the best available bat at pick 17, and then following up with the 32-33 by trying to get rolen/chavez and another bat?
MLBfanatic04
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:19 pm

Not too sure Rolen/Chavez would fall to 32 or 33, I would say either strategy is acceptable, I would play it on how your draft goes. Dont get stuck on one strategy and mess yourself up if the draft doesn't run the way you want.

Also if you are using Yahoo realize A-Rod won't get eligible at 3rd until 15 games into the season.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MLBfanatic04 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:25 pm

Yeah I know, if I plan on making him my 3b ill grab a 3b in the late rounds as a quick fill in
MLBfanatic04
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:06 pm

3B is very deep and in an 8 team league there is absolutely no trouble at all filling your 3B spot. I'd leave Arod at SS and draft accordingly unless someone just falls way too far. Then adjust accordingly.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:09 am

Will he still be eligable for SS in yahoo leagues? Im planning to pick him in the 1st round draft pick mainly because of his position. I can get plenty of great OF's later in the draft
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote:Will he still be eligable for SS in yahoo leagues? Im planning to pick him in the 1st round draft pick mainly because of his position. I can get plenty of great OF's later in the draft

Yes. He will be eligible at SS all season. He will also be 3B eligible after playing 15 games there. The following season (2005) depends on where he plays this year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Joe LaCock » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:45 am

MLB,
I am in the same position.
My strategey
1) AROD
16/17 Gagne, Nomar, Tejada or possibly Thome if Gagne is gone
32/33 Pierre/Stud/Best Bat

I also have a MI position so I will take the 2nd SS. 3rd is deep so I will take a sleeper later. 2nd is garbage and I don't want Boone or Kent at 16/17 maybe at 32/33 but neither will be there. My strategy is that AROD and a 2nd SS gives me a lot of flexibility. I could have AROD at SS and the other SS at MI or I could play AROD at 3rd and Tejada/Nomar at SS and see what is available later in the draft. Being in an 8-man league will give you lots of options. Good luck. Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers