Curt Schilling at it again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Curt Schilling at it again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Curt Schilling at it again

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:52 am

Will this jerk ever stop blabbering about nothing? Now he's blogging about how Kobe Bryant is a bad teammate, even though he doesn't play for the Lakers and has no idea what goes on with their team. He just sat in the crowd and felt he was enough of an expert to bash him in his blog.

Bryant to Boston ace Schilling: ‘Go Yankees!’

By BETH HARRIS, AP Sports Writer Jun 11, 6:05 pm EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Curt Schilling called out Kobe Bryant on the Boston Red Sox ace’s blog for yelling at his Los Angeles Lakers’ teammates in their Game 2 loss.

Schilling sat courtside in Boston wearing a Larry Bird jersey and flashing his World Series championship ring for TV cameras. He was within earshot of the Lakers’ bench and made some observations on Bryant.

“He’d yell at someone, make a point, or send a message, turn and walk away, and more than once the person on the other end would roll eyes or give a ‘whatever dude’ look,” Schilling wrote on his web site http://www.38pitches.com.

Asked if he was disappointed in Schilling’s comments, Bryant responded, “Go Yankees!” and pumped his fist, drawing laughter from reporters Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Schilling wrote that Bryant came to the bench angry at every timeout and “yelled about something they weren’t doing, or something they did wrong. No dialogue about `hey, let’s go’ or whatever.” Schilling said Bryant’s comments were peppered with expletives.

Bryant was unapologetic.

“After the time of all those bleeps, we almost pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in history,” he said. “It seemed to motivate them pretty well.”

The Lakers rallied from 24 points down in the fourth quarter to get within two before losing 108-102. They won Game 3 Tuesday night and trail the series 2-1.

Bryant said he doesn’t worry that he’s too hard on his teammates.

“They’re used to it, and we all have thick skin around here,” he said. “We’re brutally honest with each other. We all love it.”
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Curt Schilling at it again

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:54 am

Go to 38pitches.com and read the whole lot. I understood what he was saying.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 pm

SHUT UP SCHILLING!!!!!!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm

The sun rises.
Water is wet.
Schilling talks.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Eh, I can't stand Curt Schilling, but his post about Kobe wasn't that bad. You can tell from watching games that he is in everyone's face the whole game and his displeasure with his teammates has been well document.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:09 pm

I wouldn't expect anything but from Mr. Schilling.

As for his comments on Kobe, he and everyone else would have to understand Kobe's dealing with a young team that doesn't have much in the way of winning playoff games, let alone, playoff series. I like that Kobe has to curse the team out every once in a while (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't) and he can't play cheerleader like Schilling would've inferred Kobe to.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Does anyone even care what he has to say about baseball? Why on earth would someone want to read Curt Schilling's thoughts on basketball?

Actually, that might be a good move for ESPN, instead of the "experts" and analysts they have for sports, they should give all of the analysts jobs to aging disabled-listed has beens from other sports:

"Coming up next on ESPN news, Keith Van Horn breaks down Rafael Nadal's victory of Roger Federer in the French Open, but first, Steve McNair handicaps the US Open."
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:48 pm

I forgot that I was in the minority, finding Schilling's antics entertaining. Oh well }:-)

Art Vandelay wrote:Does anyone even care what he has to say about baseball? Why on earth would someone want to read Curt Schilling's thoughts on basketball?

Actually, that might be a good move for ESPN, instead of the "experts" and analysts they have for sports, they should give all of the analysts jobs to aging disabled-listed has beens from other sports:

"Coming up next on ESPN news, Keith Van Horn breaks down Rafael Nadal's victory of Roger Federer in the French Open, but first, Steve McNair handicaps the US Open."

It would be better then what they've got. At times on Sportscenter they have 50 out of 60 minutes on college sports. Who gives a (series of bad words) about that?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Does anyone even care what he has to say about baseball? Why on earth would someone want to read Curt Schilling's thoughts on basketball?

ESPN should hire Schilling. That would be the nail in the coffin for me as far as ESPN is concerned.

I also love how Schilling is a Celtics fan all of a sudden with a Larry Bird jersey and everything. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Schilling is an attention-starved has-been. He should make himself useful and give Pierce his bloody sock or at least his bottle of ketchup.

I don't care about the games but I would really like to know who the refs are betting on.

The Artful Dodger wrote:I like that Kobe has to curse the team out every once in a while (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't) and he can't play cheerleader like Schilling would've inferred Kobe to.

Trying to understand this sentence I got sucked into a rift in the space/time continuum and came out in bizarro world.....where this sentence still gives me a headache.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Next

Return to General Talk