Help Resizing Siggy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Help Resizing Siggy

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Help Resizing Siggy

Postby WalkOffWin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 am

Can you guys help me out? I made this sig using my minimal skills in MSPaint :-b

I like the way it came out, only....it is .bmp and i cant make it fit the file size limits.

Any way to make it smaller w/o sacrificing image quality?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3061/257 ... 69.jpg?v=0

TIA

Decatur Kings: 12 team Yahoo Roto
Top Hitters: Dan Uggla, Pat Burrell, Nate McLouth
Top Pitchers: Brandon Webb, Jake Peavy, Jonathon Papelbon
WalkOffWin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Resizing Siggy

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:54 am

personally i would open it back up with whatever program you used and save it as a jpg and make sure it is under 12 kb if you want to use it here at the cafe...the quality is going to take a hit no matter what.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby WalkOffWin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 am

dang! :-/

All I have is MS paint and when I save as JPG, it looks like poop. How is everyone else's so crisp?

I even made some improvements to it, but it still looks bad as a jpg. Is there no way around this?

Decatur Kings: 12 team Yahoo Roto
Top Hitters: Dan Uggla, Pat Burrell, Nate McLouth
Top Pitchers: Brandon Webb, Jake Peavy, Jonathon Papelbon
WalkOffWin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby abrage22 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I know how u feel about the quality of the looks. My players always look like crap, the quality looks horrible for mine although i don't ever get it well under 12 kb, i don't know why this is
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:37 pm

WalkOffWin wrote:dang! :-/

All I have is MS paint and when I save as JPG, it looks like poop. How is everyone else's so crisp?

I even made some improvements to it, but it still looks bad as a jpg. Is there no way around this?

generally i see a big difference between cafe and regular limits, you just have to learn how to make a sig with less basically. use as little colors and layers as possible and leave out unnecessary items.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:you just have to learn how to make a sig with less basically. use as little colors and layers as possible and leave out unnecessary items.

Then you just have a bland sig. I'd much rather have a sick looking sig with more depth and detail that takes a little hit cafe-sized than a boring sig that doesn't take much of a hit at all.

That Ludwick sig is looking nice though, I'd like to see it cafe-sized. As for other suggestions I might make the canvas a bit smaller in width so it doesn't look like you have all that empty space. I also think it would look better if the "Ryan" text wasn't as faded.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:15 pm

smoovethug wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:you just have to learn how to make a sig with less basically. use as little colors and layers as possible and leave out unnecessary items.

Then you just have a bland sig. I'd much rather have a sick looking sig with more depth and detail that takes a little hit cafe-sized than a boring sig that doesn't take much of a hit at all.

oh i agree, but i remember when i first started, it seemed i wanted as many colors as possible, as many layers as possible, and that doesnt necessarily make a good sig.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests