ummm yeah... Ludwick?!?!?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ummm yeah... Ludwick?!?!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ummm yeah... Ludwick?!?!?!?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am

markj11 wrote:I had him for a few games about month ago but figured he was droppable so now someone else has been rewarded. He is McLouthing it.

x2 :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 am

So what are people projecting for Ludwick for the rest of the season? I still couldn't sell him right now for a bag of balls.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am

The last time he was "age appropriate for level" in the minors he was actually pretty good. And he's always had respectable SLG.
He's just had 5 years off for some reason.
Maybe he's the Carlos Pena of 2008. I'm half buying at the moment. But not to the tune of 1.055 OPS.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:21 am

I keep telling myself he'll come back down to earth, yet every week I find myself plugging him into the lineup again and again and again.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 am

I picked him up about a month ago and have made no attempt to move him. Noone will give you anything for him and he's 7th in the majors in homers. It's just a status quo situation.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby alex42083 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah, he's impossible to trade for someone of quality. Looks like you'll just have to enjoy the ride with him and cut him when he falls off. (hopefully not though).
Another owner didn't even want to trade me JJ Putz (before his current injury) for him. Glad I didn't make that move..
His name doesn't really scream power hitter either IMO.
alex42083
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mbuser » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 pm

since he's typically batted cleanup after pujols, i found it surprising that he's hitting .351/.406/.814 with the bases empty and 12 of his 16 HR are of the solo variety. i still think a good sign of where he's really at will be if he can keep hitting with pujols out of the lineup

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6862/situational
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 pm

This guy has been my biggest conundrum of the year. I keep waiting for him to cool off, and it still hasn't happened. Like others have said, he still really doesn't have that much trade value since generally people have no respect for him. The best strategy here is to probably ride out the hot streak, and if it goes past the All-Star Break, all the better.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ldmariodl28 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 pm

In my 7 team league I have had him 3 seperate times. No one picks him up, but with Soriano going down last night, I made sure I snagged him one more time. Now my issue in the OF with McLouth, Bradley & Ludwick is I have no room for Dunn to play since all Dunn seems to do these days is strikeout. Oh well its a lot easier to trade a Dunn for value at a needed position than these guys. Hopefully they can keep it up. Worst case I have Bruce waiting.
ldmariodl28
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:19 am

Hey, all, Ludwick was great when he came up last season. In 303 ABs, he hit .267 with 14 Hrs and 52 RBIs.

So, yes, he has been better than expected. But you can't act like this came out of nowhere. If you combine his ABs last year with this year, and combine the HRs and RBIs, in 493 major league ABs, Ludwick has hit 30 HRs and driven in 104 RBIs.

You can wait for him too off all you want. But this is the second year he has been mashing. For some reason, people outside of St. Louis didn't notice last year. If you have him, just keep playing him and be happy.

Like with Cliff Lee, I don't understand the urge to be pessimistic and sell high?!? :-t You all picked him off the WW for nothing. Just play him, don't complain and be happy about your good fortunes! ;-D

Don't try to out-think the game. ;-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers