V-Mart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

V-Mart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: V-Mart

Postby Green Monstah » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 am

With David Ortiz on the Dl already, I really don't know if I can afford to have VMart taking up a bench spot :-[
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Doughhead » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 am

Green Monstah wrote:With David Ortiz on the Dl already, I really don't know if I can afford to have VMart taking up a bench spot :-[

I know what you mean. I have Pena and Tulo currently on the DL, and I have only one DL spot and a short bench. I picked up Doumit to replace VMart, and already got more power production from him in his first at bat for me than VMart has provided all year. I hate to lose VMart, but I just don't know if it makes any sense to wait for him, especially when his season was already shaping up to be a write-off before this latest development.

Is this the kind of thing where he'll come back from rehab and feel good (ie. better than he felt before he was taken out of the lineup), or will he take weeks/months to get his game back? If it's the latter, I think it's pretty hard to justify not cutting bait.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby jase218 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:54 am

I've got Doumit and was thinking about stashing V-Mart on my DL. Does anybody know how bad this type of injury / surgery is? He's going to have to play catcher or 1B b/c Hafner is going to be the full time DL, point being, V-Mart is going to have to use his arm to throw on some level.
jase218
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby felixthecat011 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 am

Is it me, or does it seem like there are a lot more injuries to fantasy-relevant players in MLB this year?

I'm currently playing with two empty slots on offense thanks to Puljos and VMart being out. I also have Tulo, but he's still a week away, and Peavy was just activated.

It's a 10 team non-keeper league, so there should be decent options on the wire, but right now it looks like I'd have to pick from the likes of Liard, Olivo, etc. for the rest of the way, which makes me a little nervous. You don't win your league with guys like that...
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby siQ_innovation » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 pm

felixthecat011 wrote:Is it me, or does it seem like there are a lot more injuries to fantasy-relevant players in MLB this year?

I'm currently playing with two empty slots on offense thanks to Puljos and VMart being out. I also have Tulo, but he's still a week away, and Peavy was just activated.

It's a 10 team non-keeper league, so there should be decent options on the wire, but right now it looks like I'd have to pick from the likes of Liard, Olivo, etc. for the rest of the way, which makes me a little nervous. You don't win your league with guys like that...

Yeah, this is definitely a year wear the DL bug seems to be hitting more important players.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby siQ_innovation » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:02 pm

V-Mart is going to be out for 6-8 weeks after having successful arthroscopic surgery removing the loose bodies from his right elbow.

I think if you have a DL spot to hold onto him, then a hold is probable but I just don't know, it doesn't seem like he can come back in 6-8 weeks and be a monster after this.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates