V-Mart - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

V-Mart

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: V-Mart

Postby budgerock » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 am

How many more injuries until Wedge figures out he should give V-Mart some time on the DL?

This is such a no-brainer you wonder what is going on in Cleveland. Wedge must be worried that he is close to getting canned so he's riding an injured V-Mart into the ground. Nice. ;-D
budgerock
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby howardryan6 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:45 am

He has an inflammation of the elbow or shoulder, I think they said 3 weeks on Baseball Tonight.
Jay Bruce is mah franchize. I love you Chris Davis!
howardryan6 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

howardryan6 wrote:He has an inflammation of the elbow or shoulder, I think they said 3 weeks on Baseball Tonight.

Perhaps it's best to wait for the MRI results tomorrow before BT gives a timetable, no? :-?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby howardryan6 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:54 am

Usually inflammations are easier to predict. Soriano's is a problem with bones, which requires MRIs. I am not saying that an MRI wouldn't reveal anything, but just not as much with an inflammation. At least not a lot that isn't already known.
howardryan6 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Green Monstah » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:44 am

In all honesty, as a VMart owner, a stint on the DL may be the best thing I can hope for. It allows him to heal up some of these nagging injuries so he can come back stronger and look like his old self for the 2nd half. It also lets me put in a replacement in the meantime who may actually put up some stats that are worthwhile.
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby howardryan6 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:02 am

Thats true, but if I had him I might look into dropping him. He doesn't have keeper value and he probably won't begin to get his stroke back until a little after August.
howardryan6 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DBronson12 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 am

Is it me or is Eric Wedge the biggest Dipshiat in the world? What I don't get (was a Hafner owner) is that the comments made by V-Mart mirror what Hafner said. They both were feeling pain BEFORE the season started. I am not saying that this is a direct correlation in the sapping of their power, but this is asinine.

I wish a Cleveland reporter would grow some balls and call out Wedge on these injuries. Are his own players afraid to tell anyone when they are hurt?
DBronson12 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Green Monstah » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:54 am

DBronson12 wrote:Is it me or is Eric Wedge the biggest Dipshiat in the world? What I don't get (was a Hafner owner) is that the comments made by V-Mart mirror what Hafner said. They both were feeling pain BEFORE the season started. I am not saying that this is a direct correlation in the sapping of their power, but this is asinine.

I wish a Cleveland reporter would grow some balls and call out Wedge on these injuries. Are his own players afraid to tell anyone when they are hurt?

Usually this is a pride issue. Some players would rather play through pain than admit they are hurt and sit out games purposely. I agree on Wedge though...either he doesn't care about the health of his players or it doesn't cross his mind to rest them when its needed. Either way, those are bad traits to have when you are a manager.
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby DBronson12 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:14 am

I agree Green! As far as Wedge goes...your star catcher has less HR than Luis Castillo and we are approaching the middle of June! When does it sink in that something is WRONG with the guy?!?!
DBronson12 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby greenjd » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Victor Martinez will undergo surgery to remove bone chips from his right elbow and could miss 6-8 weeks.
If Martinez wasn't a catcher, then there's a good chance he'd make it back in three or four weeks. However, the Indians can't have him throwing at 75 percent after he returns and there probably isn't enough benefit to having him return as a designated hitter, not when Travis Hafner should be healthy by then. The loss of Martinez for up to two months only increases the chances that the Indians will be sellers at the deadline. Teams are already likely salivating at the prospect of adding C.C. Sabathia.

http://fantasysports.usatoday.com/conte ... MLB#240832
greenjd
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates