Carter III - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Carter III

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carter III

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:21 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I like a handful of songs, namely Let the Beat Build, Dr.Carter, Mr.Carter, and A Milli. Instead of listening to The Carter III, I took my favorites of that and combined them on a burnt cd with all of my other faves from everything he's released since The Carter II. It made for a pretty sweet cd. Georgia Bush, imo, contains the best lyrics he's ever recorded.

thats a pretty rash decision. i would listen to the album a few more times before completely writing them off. i know for me, a lot of songs grow on me as i listen.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:37 pm

i like 3 peat, Comfortable, and in lollipop remix with kanye, kanye has some nice lines. I hate a milli dont know why its so popular, the guy saying " a milli" is so annoying

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby DK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:38 am

it's impossible for me to cosign any album that has the phrase "fly go hard like geese erection."
I'm sorry, i just can't do it.

weirdly enough it's on what i probably like the most on the album.
but it's not an album i see myself playing very much longer.

weezy's fun to listen to because he clearly has a ton of fun on the mic and it shows, but technically as an emcee he's one of the worst i've heard... but dude knows how to sell.

nas's new mixtape is unbelievable though. it makes weezy look even worse than he is.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:05 am

DK wrote:it's impossible for me to cosign any album that has the phrase "fly go hard like geese erection."

weezy's fun to listen to because he clearly has a ton of fun on the mic and it shows, but technically as an emcee he's one of the worst i've heard... but dude knows how to sell.

nas's new mixtape is unbelievable though. it makes weezy look even worse than he is.

How can you not like Dr. Carter:
Authritist in my hand from writing.
But i'ma docter they don't understand my writing.
So i stop writing.
Now i'm like lighting.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:02 am

DK wrote:it's impossible for me to cosign any album that has the phrase "fly go hard like geese erection."

well regardless of how you feel, he sold over a million records in a week. thats insane.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 am

DK wrote:nas's new mixtape is unbelievable though.

True. :-L

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby DK » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

well regardless of how you feel, he sold over a million records in a week. thats insane.

Oh, I know. In a weird way I'm proud of him. He dominated sales like no hip hop artist has done since GRODT. Even in Curtis vs. Graduation, which was entirely about sales, neither artist went platinum in the first week....

smoovethug wrote:

I can't get over how ridiculously good it is from front to back... He's spitting as hard and with as much purpose as he ever has... He's on another planet.

The video/cinematic enterprise for the "Be A N***er Too" that Rik Cordero made is also a masterpiece...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:54 pm

DK wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Oh, I know. In a weird way I'm proud of him. He dominated sales like no hip hop artist has done since GRODT. Even in Curtis vs. Graduation, which was entirely about sales, neither artist went platinum in the first week....

well you gotta think some people only had enough money etc to only buy one. im sure they would have come a lot closer had they not been out together...

i cant wait to listen to the nas mixtape. hes one of my very favorites.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 am

smoovethug wrote:

wow... :-L is right.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:43 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
smoovethug wrote:

wow... :-L is right.

whats the name of his new mixtape?

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk