Trying to 3-peat, but in the gutter. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Trying to 3-peat, but in the gutter.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trying to 3-peat, but in the gutter.

Postby Frappy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm

So I'm in this 12 team 5x5 roto league and have finished 1st the past two years. This year I'm shooting for the 3-peat but I've fallen behind based on injuries and some disappointing performances. However, I feel like all things are pointing towards a 2nd half run. Things like Mike Gonzalez possibly getting a full-time closer's role and trading E. Renteria away for Hafner could help me in the future. All I'm thinking about now is acquiring a solid closer or SP with one of my excess OFs. What do you think about my chances with this team? Offense is doing great, pitching IS improving. People on the DL are finally returning.

C- B.Molina
1B- R.Howard
2B- D.Pedroia
3B- A.Ramirez
SS- J.Rollins
OF- M.Holliday
OF- N.McLouth
OF- V.Wells
Util- J.Francoeur
BN- B.Hawpe
BN- K.Youkilis
BN- T.Hafner (DL)

SP- C.C. Sabathia
SP- D. Matsuzaka (DL)
SP- T. Wellemeyer
RP- T. Hoffman
RP- M. Gonzalez (DL)
P- C. Marmol
BN- Ol. Perez
BN- S. Olsen
BN- B. Penny
BN- J. Danks
BN- C. Young (DL)
BN- E.Gagne (DL)
DL- Y. Gallardo (DL)
DL- C. Carpenter (DL)
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trying to 3-peat, but in the gutter.

Postby alex42083 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Your offense is real solid for a 12-teamer. I don't think that should be your concern right now. The only thing hurting you right now are injuries. Seven guys DL eligible is a ton to have and takes up a lot of valuable roster spots that could be contributing to your team.
I would look to see if Brandon Morrow was available on your WW for saves.. but most likely not at this time. If your team ever gets healthy, I think it's good enough to challenge for another title. Maybe one more quality starter would help.

thanks for your help on mine.
alex42083
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Frappy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah, it stinks when 3 of your players come off of the DL only for you to notice that there are still 7 left. :~(
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JediMaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Note: The players I'm suggesting are available in my league, so keep that in mind.

To improve pitching, you could try Derek Lowe (Only start him when he's home, he has a decent line of 4-2/3.11/29K/.104 at home as opposed to 0-3/5.40/27K/1.64 away) He also has twice as many walks away from Dodger Stadium even though he's pitched 8 less innings. Also check if Wandy Rodriguez is available, he's worth taking a chance on. Mike Mussina looks to be improving also.
JediMaster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:33 am

I honestly don't think you need to do much beyond watching the WW and FA list... another closer would help, but there is still lots of time to pick one up when someone goes down. I think you should easily stay in the playoff hunt, and your team (once healthy) should be stiff competition in the playoffs.

A little help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=352619
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team