Putz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Putz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Putz

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 pm

thatguy27 wrote:I hate to break it to you but judging from the few posts in this thread it is abundantly clear that jackie hayes' knowledge of prob and stats is far greater than yours.

Check your PMs. I do think it's best if we let the thread return to Putz, but thanks.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm

PavanoAllstars wrote:is there an expected time table for JJ's return? I'm considering dropping him given the uncertainties of the injury and the lack of save opps in seatle if and when he comes back

They were saying it could be just the 2 weeks, but they are going to be a lot more cautious this time. So it could be longer, but most of the reports have been very optimistic. I wouldn't drop him unless you REALLY need the spot. If the reports are right, and they just rushed him back last time, he could come back as the guy you drafted (the absurdly dominant Putz).
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby PavanoAllstars » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 pm

jackie hayes wrote:
PavanoAllstars wrote:is there an expected time table for JJ's return? I'm considering dropping him given the uncertainties of the injury and the lack of save opps in seatle if and when he comes back

They were saying it could be just the 2 weeks, but they are going to be a lot more cautious this time. So it could be longer, but most of the reports have been very optimistic. I wouldn't drop him unless you REALLY need the spot. If the reports are right, and they just rushed him back last time, he could come back as the guy you drafted (the absurdly dominant Putz).

guess i'll grit my teeth and hope for the best... a quick, yet healthy return
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby harold_bush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:43 pm

PURE speculation, but I don't think Putz will be right for some time. This seems like the type of thing that will linger for a while. I think he is out anohter 2-3 weeks, and would be surprised if he is just thrown back into the role. Especially if Morrow continues to be lights out. I just feel there will be another DL stint or two in his future this year.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:10 pm

harold_bush wrote:PURE speculation, but I don't think Putz will be right for some time. This seems like the type of thing that will linger for a while. I think he is out anohter 2-3 weeks, and would be surprised if he is just thrown back into the role. Especially if Morrow continues to be lights out. I just feel there will be another DL stint or two in his future this year.

Honestly, that's what I was thinking, too. But everything I've read has sounded so positive, I'm just not sure anymore.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm

wildbill wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:I hate to break it to you but judging from the few posts in this thread it is abundantly clear that jackie hayes' knowledge of prob and stats is far greater than yours.

Considering all he did was throw out a few words and no meaningful data, while repeatidly twisting around what I said to serve his own purposes, and you've said nothing to prove you have any qualifications for commenting you seem to just be a member of the peanut gallery that won't let this thread go away. I was perfectly willing to let it die and wouldn't have bothered to respond if not for some actual new stuff from ESPN. I saw this earlier, but wasn't going to be the one to stir things up again so congrats on that.

Anyway, since you decided to raise this topic from the dead, here's a quote from the fantasy baseball chat on ESPN today from one of their experts:
Dan (Philadelphia, PA): Who gets more saves for the M's..Putz or Morrow?

AJ Mass: I still say Putz... mainly because those wins are few and far between and Morrow won't have a heck of a lot of chances to build up that total while Putz is hurt.

Maybe you should go yell at them too since they're basically saying the same things I am. Sounds a lot like they're not expecting a lot of save chances in Seattle. I guess the experts are wrong too? Maybe you and Jackie should go take their jobs.

;-D
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jfg » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Does any other Putz owner who was able to get Morrow as well hope that Morrow keeps the job some way or another? I kind of hope Putz keeps getting pushed back so I don't have to deal with either a committee or 2-3 weeks of awful Putz outings. I like things just as they are right now thank you!
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:17 pm

well... i'm a putz owner who missed out on morrow (someone had him for holds in our league!) so i don't quite share your p.o.v... that being said, I think Morrow is ultimately going to be stretched into a starter this year, the mariners have compared their situation to that of the yankees... so... if Putz comes back healthy and returns to form... then perhaps you've got yourself a starter who can push you over the hump in the final months...

Morrow is nasty, and I congratulate you for getting him! I wish I had him right now.... :~(
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kid sox » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:55 pm

PavanoAllstars wrote:well... i'm a putz owner who missed out on morrow (someone had him for holds in our league!) so i don't quite share your p.o.v... that being said, I think Morrow is ultimately going to be stretched into a starter this year, the mariners have compared their situation to that of the yankees... so... if Putz comes back healthy and returns to form... then perhaps you've got yourself a starter who can push you over the hump in the final months...

I don't see Morrow being converted to a starter this season. The Yankees, desperate for starting pitching, are in a penant race and gambled on stretching Joba out during mid-season. Unfortunately, Seattle is not and they already are playing out the string. They're best course of action is to get Putz healthy and pitching well and then move him before the trade deadline for prospects.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PavanoAllstars » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:06 pm

kid sox wrote:
PavanoAllstars wrote:well... i'm a putz owner who missed out on morrow (someone had him for holds in our league!) so i don't quite share your p.o.v... that being said, I think Morrow is ultimately going to be stretched into a starter this year, the mariners have compared their situation to that of the yankees... so... if Putz comes back healthy and returns to form... then perhaps you've got yourself a starter who can push you over the hump in the final months...

I don't see Morrow being converted to a starter this season. The Yankees, desperate for starting pitching, are in a penant race and gambled on stretching Joba out during mid-season. Unfortunately, Seattle is not and they already are playing out the string. They're best course of action is to get Putz healthy and pitching well and then move him before the trade deadline for prospects.

As long as Putz is healthy and closing SOMEWHERE I don't care... i'm in a holds league, so being an 8th inning guy somewhere wouldn't be too bad either...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates