100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First Date Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: First Date Advice

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Tavish wrote:Los Angeles is Newark with palm trees and speaking a different non-English language.

The only other difference is that LA doesn't have the same inferiority complex that Newark has towards NYC.

Agreed. I went to the Dodger Stadium last year and will never, ever go near it again.

LA is a big city and there are some nice parts but overall it is a pretty big craphole. Just my opinion of the city.

Like with everything, no one asked you for it. :-b

I actually like Dodger Stadium being a rowdy cesspool, but that's just me.

Well no one asked for your opinion either. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Guess what, another great thing about LA is that if you don't like Dodger Stadium (which is a lame thing to say in the first place) you can drive 25 miles and go to Angels stadium. If you don't like Rowdy fans, don't buy tickets in the bleechers or upper deck! Spend the extra 40 or 50 bucks and get a good seat, like a grown up -- with a real job. Also, bringing up Compton when talking about LA is only a cool thing to do on gansta rap CD's. Nobody really goes to COMPTON! If you think LA sucks it's probably because you've never been here. I've traveled around the world and been in many towns/cities but I'd still take LA (San Diego a close 2nd, London 3rd) over almost all of them. Granted: I've not been to italy.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:10 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Guess what, another great thing about LA is that if you don't like Dodger Stadium (which is a lame thing to say in the first place) you can drive 25 miles and go to Angels stadium. If you don't like Rowdy fans, don't buy tickets in the bleechers or upper deck! Spend the extra 40 or 50 bucks and get a good seat, like a grown up -- with a real job. Also, bringing up Compton when talking about LA is only a cool thing to do on gansta rap CD's. Nobody really goes to COMPTON! If you think LA sucks it's probably because you've never been here. I've traveled around the world and been in many towns/cities but I'd still take LA (San Diego a close 2nd, London 3rd) over almost all of them. Granted: I've not been to italy.

saying that la and san diego would be your number 1 and 2 cities in the world, likely means you yourself have never been to too many.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm

False.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

urbanbreez wrote:False.

:^
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:33 pm

It's so hard to rank cities just because each one has its good and bad points that make them all unique. I'm a big city person and so I've usually enjoyed most big cities I've been to. The only one I didn't really like was Chicago, but I was 9 or 10 at the time and haven't made a return trip since. Other than that, I tended to like everywhere I had gone to. I'm biased in saying Barcelona is the most awesome city on the planet and I love L.A. because it's been home for much of my life whereas London and Marseille are high up my list, but I even liked Philadelphia, which is saying something to some people. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:36 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:It's so hard to rank cities just because each one has its good and bad points that make them all unique. :-b

True. ;-D :^ :-b
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:47 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:It's so hard to rank cities just because each one has its good and bad points that make them all unique. :-b

They are all cesspools.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Tavish wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:

They are all cesspools.

...and what utopia do you live in? ;-7
Please check to see if there are any 2+2 Townhomes available.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 pm

urbanbreez wrote:...and what utopia do you live in? ;-7
Please check to see if there are any 2+2 Townhomes available.

???
I live in a cesspool too.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk