ROY!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ROY!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ROY!!!

Postby cakes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Whatever that means. You completely understood and probably agreed with my argument yet you chose to say that...nice. Speaks volumes.

That's the liberal way. If you're losing the debate, just call your opponent stupid. Nice. Good little liberal, err, socialist.
cakes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 pm

cakes wrote:Whatever that means. You completely understood and probably agreed with my argument yet you chose to say that...nice. Speaks volumes.

That's the liberal way. If you're losing the debate, just call your opponent stupid. Nice. Good little liberal, err, socialist.


You brought up politics. And imagine what people would think if one candidate called the other "gay" to prove some kind of point. How well have things worked out in the past 8 years with the "conservative way"?
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2073
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby cakes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Again, you understood the meaning. You've already admitted that yet you bring it up, with the wrong meaning, to try and prove some kind of point. And, I'm not running for POTUS so I don't have to be PC.

In the eyes of reasonable people, the past 8 yrs have been just fine. 4 yrs of Socialism is what scares us.

This thread will either be deleted or I'll be banned. Either way, you just got spanked.
cakes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm

cakes wrote:Again, you understood the meaning. You've already admitted that yet you bring it up, with the wrong meaning, to try and prove some kind of point. And, I'm not running for POTUS so I don't have to be PC.

In the eyes of reasonable people, the past 8 yrs have been just fine. 4 yrs of Socialism is what scares us.

This thread will either be deleted or I'll be banned. Either way, you just got spanked.


Maybe in your mind somehow you actually made some kind of point... I'm not sure what it is. Again, you need no help in making yourself look stupid. And I'd be happy to continue the political discussion in any forum you like, I'm sure it would be a very stimulating discussion.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2073
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby cakes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Cakes 1
ROC AllStars 0
cakes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Carew7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:47 pm

haha wow.... i dont what else to say... when i posted this i didnt think it would start World War III... but to defend myself... i did put a stat line and if you had been paying attention last night you woulda known Roy Oswalt was pitching and that was his stat line... i didnt think it was that difficult to figure out... but thanks for being a MASSIVE jerk wildbill.. but ya it is relavant in this forum because it is a player update... he had been slumping all year... and he has a great start and i thought i'd share the update... i've seen plenty of topics in this forum FAR FAR less relevant that haven't caused this much hullabaloo... but thanks again wildbill for causing this thread to go off topic... next time i post something i'll post the players full name, his mothers maiden name, his social security number, drivers license number and what activities he likes to do in his free time if that makes it easier for you.
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 57
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby NWSoxaholic » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:34 pm

I think Brandon Webb throws a good sinker ball.

Oh wait...sorry... wrong out-of-control topic...
NWSoxaholic
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 326
Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 pm

cakes wrote:All of your posts started with the same thing: "your argument is weak".

If you're not going to bother to read ALL the posts you're responding to, why bother posting?

cakes wrote:Sometimes its the only way to get jerks to shut up

You think I care about you're childish insults about sexuality? You have a meager 9 total posts and I didn't count them but it looks like all of them might be in this topic? You obviously haven't read anything on this board I've posted other then what's in this topic or you wouldn't be making such uninformed statements. You're just a newbie trolling and trying to play BMOC. I bet you created an account just so you could post to this topic and stir the pot.

cakes wrote:I think my choice of argument style served its purpose.

Argument style? You call childish insults with no real substance at all to back it up an argument style? I guess because it works on playgrounds?

cakes wrote:If you're losing the debate, just call your opponent stupid.

That's basically what all your posts directed at me have said in one way or another. What does that say about you when all your responses imply I'm stupid and say nothing else? Hopefully I've made it clear your childish, totally lacking of substance, posts don't bother me and as such I won't be replying to any more of them. I'm only responding to you this one time because I just didn't want you thinking your posts had any influence whatsoever. They don't.


Carew7 wrote:if you had been paying attention last night you woulda known Roy Oswalt was pitching

That's a big assumption to make. Why would everyone who had no players involved in that game care or bother to look and therefore know Oswalt was pitching? Some people might, but everyone? Do you honestly believe that?

Carew7 wrote:but ya it is relavant in this forum because it is a player update..........causing this thread to go off topic

Even if but some absurd technicality it had any relevance whatsoever, you still failed to clearly identify who you were talking about. If you're going to insist it belongs in this forum and not the Cheering and Venting forum, which is exactly what you were doing then there's really no hope for you. You created the off topic thread so you have only yourself to blame. If you'd posted OSWALT!!!! then it would have been clear who you were talking about, but no less off topic. That you can't admit ROY could be interpreted to mean Rookie of the year or even as other people mentioned another Roy is baffling. Especially when there are multiple rookie pitchers who were mentioned preseason as possible ROY candidates but have struggled this year.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby baseballin storm » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 pm

HOF!!!



He has been on fire lately, 3 saves and a win for the Padres.




Sorry, i'll be quite now.
baseballin storm
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 39
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Carew7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 pm

haha... well fine it may not have been clear as a freshly windexed window, but why make such a big deal about it? thats all i'm wondering... and yes i do know R.O.Y. stands for rookie of the year i'm not an idiot.. but wow... you say i need to hit up AA and get off the drugs, i think you need some anger management and CHILLLLLL OUUUTTT.
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 57
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact