ROY!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ROY!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ROY!!!

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 am

BTOWNHESS wrote:I kept thinking Rookie of the Year for some reason.


I was pulling for more good news about Jay "Infinity" Bruce. I call him that because Jay Bruce counted to infinity...twice.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2073
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 am

Carew7 wrote:ya... jeez buddy i didnt think it was that difficult to figure out... but thanks for being a jerk, anyway... let me clear it up then... there is a pitcher i dunno if you've heard of him wildbill but his name is Roy Oswalt... he's pretty good... but he's had a tough year... you probably haven't heard of him because you're too busy making comments to people when you obviously don't know what you're talking about... Oswalt finally had a sick outing is what i was saying...

Dear Moron, ROY typically means Rookie Of the Year, so I figured you were talking about some unnamed, by you, rookie pitcher who was picked preseason as a candidate to win ROY. Someone like Cueto, but he wasn't pitching and I didn't know what preseason ROY candidate SP you were talking about. So it was none of them, but when you make such a vague post titled with a very common baseball acronym that could be applied to multiple players you're going to create confusion. That you don't know what ROY stands for is really kind of sad.

BTW, you're still the thoughtless person who posted in wrong forum in the first place. When you pull that kind of junk you shouldn't expect a warm and fuzzy response.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:12 am

Camaroballa22 wrote:Nice job wildbill. Looks like you got your rocks off and made someone look really stupid!
RIGHT?
..............
(Rest of long pointless rant removed)

Wow you really need to take your own advice if you think it's perfectly fine for people to come to these board, and make vague posts in the wrong forums that the rest of us have to sift through to find legitimate topics. BTW if I were a moderator I would have deleted this vague off topic topic. Since I'm not the best I could do was react as I did and hope he doesn't keep posting in the wrong forum and ruining it for everyone else posting and looking for legitimate topics. That you defend him for this lumps you into the same inconsiderate group.

Camaroballa22 wrote:AND what forum is this??
the injury and PLAYER UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!

When you give information that can apply could any one of a number of players without having to research who is being talked about (as mentioned in a previous post ROY = Rookie of the year) it's not much of an update now is it? Furthermore he was obviously only talking about a single game and he was doing it in an obviously cheering fashion. Anyone who knows anything about this site knows there is a forum specifically for that kind of post and this one isn't it. If I wanted to read that I would go to that forum. Instead I find it here and because of such a vague topic "ROY!!!" it's not until I'm in it that I find out it has nothing to do with this forum and had my time wasted by some inconsiderate fool.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:03 am

things i thought this post was about in order
1. Rookie of the Year
2. Roy Halladay (when i saw it was about a pitcher)
3. Roy Oswalt (only when i finally saw that was what it was about)
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:06 am

Image

:-b
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: ROY!!!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 am

Dan Lambskin, that pretty much hits the nail on the head about one of my 2 points. Very vague post, that resulted in providing nothing useful without clarification. As such it was pretty much SPAM as originally posted.

Inukchuk, I'm sure the people at PETA love that. ;-)
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 am

wildbill wrote:Dear Moron, ROY typically means Rookie Of the Year
+1

Dan Lambskin wrote:things i thought this post was about in order
1. Rookie of the Year
2. Roy Halladay (when i saw it was about a pitcher)
3. Roy Oswalt (only when i finally saw that was what it was about)
+1


wildbill wrote:Dan Lambskin, that pretty much hits the nail on the head about one of my 2 points. Very vague post, that resulted in providing nothing useful without clarification. As such it was pretty much SPAM as originally posted.
+1


Maybe a mod will move this thread to the right forum, and change the title...
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5656
(Past Year: 243)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 pm

ya know, this is the forum for Injuries and Player Updates. This is a valid Topic

Keep tabs on all the latest news, including player transactions and injuries.


Would anybody like some of the latest news on Roy Oswalt? He put up a stat line of 7IP, ER, 0BB and 10K. This could be a flash in the pan, or a view of him returning to his old self.

Just a heads up for anybody that was curious.

Honestly - there are so many people crying "wrong forum, wrong forum". This is the right forum for player update which can inlcude a stat line. So what if the original poster added some excitement to his post. "OMG, this belongs in the venting forum because he cares!" Get over it.

and secondly, did people really think this post was about R.O.Y.? use your context clues next time. "!!!" is meant to show exciment - as is using ALL CAPS. Therefore, you can easily concluded that the person is excited about a "Roy" (Oswalt or Halladay). Does anybody see the difference here? ROY!!! and R.O.Y.?
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 890
Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Thanks for the update. ;D

I wasn't to find his last stat line anywhere.

:-b
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5656
(Past Year: 243)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROY!!!

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:16 pm

woodson_28 wrote:ya know, this is the forum for Injuries and Player Updates. This is a valid Topic

Keep tabs on all the latest news, including player transactions and injuries.


Would anybody like some of the latest news on Roy Oswalt? He put up a stat line of 7IP, ER, 0BB and 10K. This could be a flash in the pan, or a view of him returning to his old self.

Well you've got several problems with this weak argument. First, the topic title "ROY!!!" is extremely vague. Second no mention of who's stat line that was was made at all in the original post, for reasons already mentioned by a lot of people, not just myself. Third, doesn't this sound far more like it's the appropriate place for posting a stat line and cheering it:
Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting
Watching the game? Talk about all the action, analyze umpires' decisions and pitch counts, smile when your pitcher gets out of a jam, and vent when your star slugger goes 0-for-5.

Your argument that it falls in line with player transactions and injuries and similar information is incredibly weak, pretty much grasping at straws.

woodson_28 wrote:Honestly - there are so many people crying "wrong forum, wrong forum". This is the right forum for player update which can inlcude a stat line. So what if the original poster added some excitement to his post. "OMG, this belongs in the venting forum because he cares!" Get over it.

Again you're argument is just so incredibly weak for reasons already mentioned multiple times, including the fact that the in order to have a player update you need to identify the player, without that bit of information it's useless information. Your argument is so weak it seems the only reason for your post was to Troll by stirring the pot again. Well mission accomplished, congratulations.

woodson_28 wrote:and secondly, did people really think this post was about R.O.Y.? use your context clues next time. "!!!" is meant to show exciment - as is using ALL CAPS. Therefore, you can easily concluded that the person is excited about a "Roy" (Oswalt or Halladay). Does anybody see the difference here? ROY!!! and R.O.Y.?

Wow that is an incredibly weak argument for context. First, I can't recall the last time I saw rookie of the year abbreviated with periods, it's definitely written without them a lot, especially in blogs and message forums. Secondly, you're telling me you wouldn't be excited about a rookie of the year candidate type player? Also showing excitement is basically cheering isn't it, as in the "Cheering & Venting" forum, so you pretty much argued against yourself there. That's actually kind of amusing. It's not often you see someone argue against their own point.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact