Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:54 pm

bigken117 wrote:I had a chessesteak


:-° :-D


i had mine removed and was perfectly fine about an hour or two after. i tried taking some of the prescription medicine and felt a little nauseous so i stopped taking them.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

What meds did you guys get? When I got mine out I got nothing for meds, my dentist just told me to take ibuprofen. Granted, that was 21 or 22 years ago, but still. I don't remember having too much trouble. The saltwater rinse is really the key.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 pm

knapplc wrote:What meds did you guys get? When I got mine out I got nothing for meds, my dentist just told me to take ibuprofen. Granted, that was 21 or 22 years ago, but still. I don't remember having too much trouble. The saltwater rinse is really the key.

Tylenol w/ codeine #3. had mine done about 10-12 yrs ago. they KO'd me for the procedure.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm

I would imagine Vicodin would be given out pretty commonly after getting your wisdom teeth yanked. They seem to throw Vicodin at everything these days.

I actually still have my wisdom teeth, two up top and two on the bottom. They're just like the rest of my teeth, they just grew in and I've never had any problems with them.
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Vocodin? Codeine? I must have gone to some hack dentist! I only got that twilight sleep, too. I can still remember the sound of the guy breaking up my teeth to get them out. It was just horrendous. :-P
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:12 pm

knapplc wrote:Vocodin? Codeine? I must have gone to some hack dentist! I only got that twilight sleep, too. I can still remember the sound of the guy breaking up my teeth to get them out. It was just horrendous. :-P

Crap man that sounds awful! :-t
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:18 pm

i got some form of codeine.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 65)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:Vocodin? Codeine? I must have gone to some hack dentist! I only got that twilight sleep, too. I can still remember the sound of the guy breaking up my teeth to get them out. It was just horrendous. :-P

Crap man that sounds awful! :-t

Listening to everyone else, it sounds like I got Frontier Medicine! I'm amazed he didn't give me a bullet to bite down on!

X-I
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:26 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:Vocodin? Codeine? I must have gone to some hack dentist! I only got that twilight sleep, too. I can still remember the sound of the guy breaking up my teeth to get them out. It was just horrendous. :-P

Crap man that sounds awful! :-t

Listening to everyone else, it sounds like I got Frontier Medicine! I'm amazed he didn't give me a bullet to bite down on!

X-I

Yeah or just a swig of whiskey. :-b
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 pm

I got a week's worth of codeine and a 3 day supply of a codeine enhancer.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21514
(Past Year: 455)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact