Will Vlad be running this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Vlad be running this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:32 pm

Steve McNair has the same problem, and no one doubts he is a stud.. Vlad is a lot like McNair mentally.. He is a warrior..

But Vlad won't run like he once did... Players of his value stop running regardless of there physical health..
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:39 pm

Purple Haze, I understand the meaning of the term Chronic. I'm just pointing out that I believe some people are making too big of a deal out of it just like they did with Arod's neck injury last year. ;-)

I really hope that everyone devalues him in my leagues next year. Vlad is healthy and will be a monster. No doubt about it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:45 pm

Madison wrote:Purple Haze, I understand the meaning of the term Chronic. I'm just pointing out that I believe some people are making too big of a deal out of it just like they did with Arod's neck injury last year. ;-)

I really hope that everyone devalues him in my leagues next year. Vlad is healthy and will be a monster. No doubt about it. :-)

I hear what your saying..

Regardless of Vlads back problem, or A-Rods neck (last year)..

I still wouldn't drop him any in my rankings.. Vlad is still #1 OF and taken right behind only A-Rod,Soriano, and Pujols, than Vlad, and Helton... That is my TOP 5.. some will have a seperate #5 but the top 4 should be UNANIMOUS..
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:47 pm

The thread was.. "Will Vlad be running this year?" Not "Is Vlad a stud?"

I think everyone would agree VLAD is a STUD :-D if you don't think so.. please join my leagues! ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:44 am

It's been brought up here that Vlad is not a high percentage base stealer. Well, it doesn't look like Angels' manager Mike Scioscia cares about that because the Angels led all of baseball in steals attempts last year with 190, were succesful 129 times, resulting in a not-so-good 67.9%. Vlad's 63.4% isn't that far below the rest of the team. Of course, this shows that Scioscia's an idiot for sending some of those guys and has actually cost his team runs, but as far as the "Will Vlad be running" question, it looks like he will.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby LBJackal » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:56 am

As for injuries, I didn't see much concern for Albert Pujols last year when he had the same problem that Luis Gonzalez has this year. Sometimes things get blown out of proportion, and I think Vlad's back is blown out of proportion. There isn't enough concern for Derek Jeter's shoulder IMO. He admittedly hasn't been able to lift weights above his head due to a shoulder problem for some time. Then last year he dislocated his shoulder. I'm not sure if he's back to normal due to surgery after the dislocation, but I've never seen it talked about and thought it should at least be known.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers