Andy LaRoche getting call up tom.? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Andy LaRoche getting call up tom.?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andy LaRoche getting call up tom.?

Postby jh2031 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:06 pm

06/08 Dodgers: LaRoche could get call on Monday
The News
With the Dodgers designating corner infielder Terry Tiffee for assignment, the team is facing problems with a a lack of personnel and may turn to Andy LaRoche to as the likely answer, according to MLB.com.

Our View
LaRoche is working as the third baseman for Triple-A Las Vegas and manager Joe Torre, while reserving a desire to see what shortstop Angel Berroa (recently acquired via trade) has to offer, spoke of giving LaRoche that opportunity, noting he could be called up as early as Monday.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Andy LaRoche getting call up tom.?

Postby Montana168 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:14 am

well it's about time. i know the wanted to extend his minor league rehab stint because he missed most of spring training but it seems like laroche has been in the minors forever. i guess they were waiting for him to get hot again since he went in a bit of a slump but has been hot over the past 1-2 weeks. i might be getting ahead of myself here but maybe laroche can be that spark that the offense needs. :-o something's gotta give right?? l.a. could be a dangerous team if they start giving their pitchers run support because they have a great rotation and top bullpen.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Given how well Dewitt is playing, I don't see how they could give LaRoche much time at 3B. However, if Berroa does what I expect of him, LaRoche could probably get some time at short.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:00 pm

yahoo has reported that the dodgers have recalled laroche and option chen-lung hu to triple-A las vegas. torre has reportedly said he will backup 3B and 2B. he also played some 1B at Las Vegas so he could give loney a day off once in awhile. anyone think he will find a starting spot? IMO i think dewitt will become the backup because i don't believe he will keep up his numbers he has.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:33 pm

I would say that the only real chance LaRoche has at a starting gig is if DeWitt starts sucking within the next few weeks. Remember, the Dodgers have Nomar waiting to come off the DL, eventually. And Kent is the definite starter at 2B for this year. I doubt LaRoche sees any time at SS; he didn't play there in the minors, did he? It seems he'll probably be the backup IF for the Dodgers. Worth a look in deep leagues or NL-Only, or keepers, not worth a look in "regular" sized mixed redraft leagues
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 pm

On the other side of the coin, what do you think this does to DeWitt's PT? I would hate to see him lose AB's to LaRoche.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:41 pm

DeWitt will undoubtedly lose some at-bats to LaRoche (3B is LaRoche's main position), but probably not that many.... There is also a possible platoon set-up here, with DeWitt being on the "good" side of the platoon.
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:DeWitt will undoubtedly lose some at-bats to LaRoche (3B is LaRoche's main position), but probably not that many.... There is also a possible platoon set-up here, with DeWitt being on the "good" side of the platoon.

I figure at the start he gets 1 start a week each at 3B/2b/1B, which shouldnt be much more lost time then those guys already have had. And don't forget that they need a DH for this weekend in Detroit. It will be interesting to see what happens Monday though, when Furcal supposedly will be activated.

Personally, I'm hoping DeWitt falls apart, as I dropped him week 2 for Callaspo.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cabby » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 pm

LaRoche walked in his first at bat and just homered in his second at bat. I know its early but I think he will be a regular sooner than later. The Dogdgers offence needs a spark. I'm hoping he does get regular at bats in the near future as I have him in my keeper league....what do you guys think?
Cabby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EverybodyHits » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 am

Loney PH for him vs hoffman. he can DH this weekend - but i think he's strictly platooning vs LHP for now. :-L
EverybodyHits
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates