Is anyone getting worried about Miguel Cabrera? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is anyone getting worried about Miguel Cabrera?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is anyone getting worried about Miguel Cabrera?

Postby AmazinYanks1990 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Slow start or are Miggy owners in for a mediocre year?
AmazinYanks1990
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is anyone getting worried about Miguel Cabrera?

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm getting worried about him. I traded for him a couple of weeks ago because I thought for sure he'd be in line for a huge couple of weeks in the near future. Now I'm not so sure. I watched him play in a couple of games last week...it just looks like he doesn't really care at this point. I really think the people who say he stopped caring after he signed his huge contract have a good point.

He certainly has the ability to turn it around and throw down a huge second half. But unless the Tigers start to turn it around and get back into the playoff race (give him a reason to get it going) I don't see him immediately catching fire.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Sometimes players have an off year and many players take some time to adjust to the new league especially NL players going to the AL.

I think he will get better as the season goes on but he certainly won't put up the numbers people were expecting preseason (myself included).
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby freeling_prideful » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:52 pm

His peripherals, like K:BB, are almost identical to earlier years. Also, though Comerica Park is bad for hitters, Florida Stadium is arguably worse...

The league switch is a possible culprit for his poor performance, but if so then why are his peripherals still the same? I'm more inclined to believe that he has had some bad luck and will turn it around somewhat. Of course, his slow start will drag down his final stats. But I could see him finishing at around .295-300 in average, 25 HR, 100 RBI, 95 R. He will probably perform similarly to guys like Aramis Ramirez or Garrett Atkins from this point out, so there's no need to panic.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers