What pitcher is gonna turn it around in the 2nd half? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What pitcher is gonna turn it around in the 2nd half?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What pitcher is gonna turn it around in the 2nd half?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:49 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:
Yoda wrote:Verlander looks just fine to me. He'll hit a few bumps but outside of the atrocious April (which you really shouldn't put too much stock in anyway), he's been pretty good.

he is better of late, but i was expecting so much more from him. i have soured on him and dont want to own him anymore. anyone else feel this way?

no
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:51 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:
Yoda wrote:Verlander looks just fine to me. He'll hit a few bumps but outside of the atrocious April (which you really shouldn't put too much stock in anyway), he's been pretty good.

he is better of late, but i was expecting so much more from him. i have soured on him and dont want to own him anymore. anyone else feel this way?

Verlander is pitching much better, but is still not looking like the guy he was last season. His pitches still lack the velocity and his curve ball is still way too much hit or miss. Zumaya makes his return today and if he can recapture his 06 command he will be able to help stop the late inning messes that Verlander has been leaving this year. So I still would hang onto him.

Harang I am seriously thinking might be done for the season. He just looked terrible yesterday, continuing a season long trend.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WyldStallyn » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:no

wow, i didnt know lambskin spoke for everyone ;-7
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby matthos » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:08 pm

I like Billingsley to have a strong second half as well as Gavin Floyd and Liriano.
matthos
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:48 pm

moochman wrote:
WyldStallyn wrote:

Verlander is pitching much better, but is still not looking like the guy he was last season. His pitches still lack the velocity and his curve ball is still way too much hit or miss. Zumaya makes his return today and if he can recapture his 06 command he will be able to help stop the late inning messes that Verlander has been leaving this year. So I still would hang onto him.

Harang I am seriously thinking might be done for the season. He just looked terrible yesterday, continuing a season long trend.

Did you watch Harang yesterday live? Because I did and he didn't look so terrible. 5 hits were straight up the middle, either right over Harang's head or through his legs, and could have asily been outs with a bit of Defensive repositioning of the shortstop, one of his walks was on a 3-2 count, and I saved the Gameday placement picture, it was a strike. Had that ball been a K, ad those hits been outs, who knows what his line would have looked like.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:Did you watch Harang yesterday live? Because I did and he didn't look so terrible. 5 hits were straight up the middle, either right over Harang's head or through his legs, and could have asily been outs with a bit of Defensive repositioning of the shortstop, one of his walks was on a 3-2 count, and I saved the Gameday placement picture, it was a strike. Had that ball been a K, ad those hits been outs, who knows what his line would have looked like.

Yes and if he didn't give up any runs, then his ERA would have been 0.00 for the game! :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Yoda wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:Did you watch Harang yesterday live? Because I did and he didn't look so terrible. 5 hits were straight up the middle, either right over Harang's head or through his legs, and could have asily been outs with a bit of Defensive repositioning of the shortstop, one of his walks was on a 3-2 count, and I saved the Gameday placement picture, it was a strike. Had that ball been a K, ad those hits been outs, who knows what his line would have looked like.

Yes and if he didn't give up any runs, then his ERA would have been 0.00 for the game! :-D

Well, there was still doubles, a homer, 2 walks, and I'm not saying all of those hits should have been outs, but they weren't really his poitches getting pounded is my point. That could have just as easily been a good statline, and I don't worry too much about last start. He wassn't pitching wildly, or giving up tons of homers, like he did in previous starts.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:56 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:

Look at his last 9 GS (May/June)
9 GS, 61 IP, 2 W, 42/18 K/BB, 3.39 ERA, 1.16 WHIP

Ws are a bit light but the rest of his numbers seem pretty good. I might be a bit biased since I just traded for him two weeks ago but I'll take those numbers all day.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers