What is Bruce worth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is Bruce worth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What is Bruce worth?

Postby Curtis Pride » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:38 am

Sorry that everyone is responding to my post and not the original post, but the reason why my trade was fine is the law of supply and demand.

In a keeper league, there are always really only 2 or 3 teams that have a solid chance at the championship while the rest of the league that is trying to acquire cheap keepers for future years. So when there are 3x the number of sellers than there are buyers, the price of keepers gets incredibly expensive.

Last year, Gallardo was one of the best keepers in the league. But the guys who had Lincecum and Braun weren't trading them, since their teams weren't very good. I was one of the few who had great keepers and was looking to trade them for established players.

Finally, I got the trades confused. I actually made two trades big keeper trades, Combined I gave up:

Gallardo (27th round keeper)
Pence (27th round keeper)
Mike Jacobs (14th round keeper)
Ian Snell (13th round keeper)
Kevin Youkilis (17th round keeper)
Andrew Miller (minor league keeper)
Franklin Morales (minor league keeper)

For: Peavy, Miguel Cabrera, Brian Roberts, Grady Sizemore, Lidge, Baez, Kelvim Escobar (13th round keeper)

And I won the league, so it was worth it. It sucked losing two of the best keepers in the league, but oh well.

Point is: you should be able to get A LOT more for Bruce. There should be a lot more people looking to acquire Bruce from you and would be willing to pay dearly.

Two years ago, I also got a pirate's booty when I traded away Francisco Liriano.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers