Fausto Carmona...??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Fausto Carmona...???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fausto Carmona...???

Postby TheGhost » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Any idea when this guy is going to start playing again? Is he going to need a lengthy rehab assignment in the minors?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fausto Carmona...???

Postby artie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am

Bump.

I can't find anything on him and I could really use him (which is quite sad actually given his WHIP this year)
artie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Same here. I'm out of town for a while, which makes it hard to keep up with Cleveland sports. But I have to believe that someone on this board lives in cleveland and at least occasionally listens to that douche Bruce Drennan. He's surely got info on Carmona.

Let's hear it!
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGhost » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Damn... I wish I would have drafted someone besides Carmona. He doesn't get a lot of K's and after this hip injury he seems like he has trouble staying healthy. I'm actually curious. What good things does this dude bring to the table besides inducing ground balls?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 103)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:30 pm

TheGhost wrote:Damn... I wish I would have drafted someone besides Carmona. He doesn't get a lot of K's and after this hip injury he seems like he has trouble staying healthy. I'm actually curious. What good things does this dude bring to the table besides inducing ground balls?

I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about, but it seems good to mention just in case anyone missed it: Carmona complained of hip soreness after his most recent throwing session, so plans to start a rehab assignment have been shelved for now.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 pm

TheGhost wrote:I'm actually curious. What good things does this dude bring to the table besides inducing ground balls?

He's not a 9K/9 kind of guy, that's for sure. But his BB have been way up this year, and he got hurt just when it looked as if he was settling in.

What he does bring to the table tho, is a low ERA, good # of W's, esp. if the Indians can freaking score...And for people in leagues where complete games/shutouts matter, he's a pretty good option to pick those up because when he's not walking batters, he doesn't have to throw too many pitches.

I am regretting having him be the 2nd pitcher I drafted this year after Felix...but I was able to work some trades to fix that for the most part. Now I really just need him back to eat up some innings in my roto league.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AdvRider » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:44 pm

TheGhost wrote:I'm actually curious. What good things does this dude bring to the table besides inducing ground balls?

I feel your pain, but last year's solid line (except for the Ks) speaks for itself.

215 IP 19 W 137 K 3.06 ERA 1.21 WHIP

Still, Duchscherer remains available on the WW and I'm this soooooo close to dropping Fausto, especially with his hip still being sore after more than three weeks, and my team's Pujols and Keppinger on the DL as well. :-?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:59 pm

AdvRider wrote:

I feel your pain, but last year's solid line (except for the Ks) speaks for itself.

215 IP 19 W 137 K 3.06 ERA 1.21 WHIP

Still, Duchscherer remains available on the WW and I'm this soooooo close to dropping Fausto, especially with his hip still being sore after more than three weeks, and my team's Pujols and Keppinger on the DL as well. :-?

8-o

What kind of league is this?
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 70)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates