Ethier gets no respect.......... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ethier gets no respect..........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ethier gets no respect..........

Postby StringerBell » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:11 am

It seemed that Torre was saved from the Dodger OF juggling by Andruw Jones horrible start and merciful injury. Why is he perpetuating the controversy by inserting Young for Ethier so often? Ethier must be getting pretty steamed. He had a monster spring training and is a consistent .300 plus hitter and run producer despite his unpredictable place in the starting line-up. How come Ethier cant get a fair shake?
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ethier gets no respect..........

Postby tah161 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:57 am

Im not sure. He has even been doing good as of late. Hitting in like 10 of his last 11 or something. I think he belongs in the 7th spot or maybe 2nd (aslong as that dosent put Kemp in the 7th spot). I was really suprised he didnt start tonight.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Ethier gets no respect..........

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:54 am

i agree...ethier is extremely underrated and i don't know why torre doesn't keep him in everyday. however, don't expect him to be in the game when a lefty is on the mound. he is hitting .159 against lefties while hitting .336 against right handers. so my first thought was that they went against a lefty last night...but galleger is a right hander. maybe torre doesn't know his players strengths and weaknesses. !+) LA is going against a right hander today so i would expect ethier in the lineup today.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates