Boston/Rays Suspensions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Boston/Rays Suspensions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Boston/Rays Suspensions

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:52 pm

I find that people from Boston can be very arrogant when it comes to sports.

It seems that since the Red Sox won last year, the Celtics are in the Championships game right now and the Patriots went 18-1, most people from Boston think they invented sports.

Coco is a little baby, just like most of the Boston players. Not all, I have respect for a select few.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 pm

woodson_28 wrote:I find that people from Boston can be very arrogant when it comes to sports.

It seems that since the Red Sox won last year, the Celtics are in the Championships game right now and the Patriots went 18-1, most people from Boston think they invented sports.

Coco is a little baby, just like most of the Boston players. Not all, I have respect for a select few.

Puh-leeze, I just go to school in Boston. I'm a fan of the Red Sox, but the Pats can choke on their 18-1 failure of a season, and I'm rooting for the Lakers all the way.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:43 pm

thejusman1 wrote:"It means they care and are showing emotions to each other?"

Come on, buddy, let's be real here. They're a very young team, seasons removed from making any real impact on the AL East standings. So, they'll place higher than the Orioles and Blue Jays this year? Whoopee-freaking-do. The fact is, their emotions, their extreme youth, their incredibly weak fanbase (I'm surprised you're a Rays fan - good for you, honestly, more people should support their home team) will mean an end to this fairy-tale story.

The Red Sox are perennial playoff contenders every year, and will continue to be for a very long time - and yes, they do it with a level of class unbeknownst to Florida dwellers. They play for a city that demands nothing less but excellence and herculean effort. We defend ourselves from brutes - those disgraceful baseball players who actually think it's okay to dogpile one person with 4 others and pummel him while he's on the ground, shielding his face.

I guess you did not see the other dog pile on top of Shields then?

Years removed from making an impact? what are they doing this year its a whole season and an impact can be made at anytime.

And the Red Sox do it with class? they have paid more than ten fold of the Rays pay-roll and so far this year the results have been the same. So to sit there and say that is idiotic.

and the demand for excellence? If you are not excellent with a payroll the size of the Red Sox or the Yankees than anything short of a Championship is a failure.

Its funny that people get so cocky with their own team they become blind...
Just look at it all then come talk to me.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 am

Yeah, okay, poster with a "Rays" logo as their avatar...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:16 am

thejusman1 wrote:Yeah, okay, poster with a "Rays" logo as their avatar...

And you have nothing...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:25 am

jlm53089 wrote:Its funny that people get so cocky with their own team they become blind...
Just look at it all then come talk to me.

That's my point.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Torr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:38 am

I believe Crawford starts his suspension today, for other owners of the outfielder. I look at it from a more positive viewpoint... he's been playing through his leg/knee issues (though admittedly he's been coming out of it), and a few days off certainly won't hurt him for the rest of the season. ;)
Torr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jtys17 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 am

thejusman1 wrote:The Red Sox are perennial playoff contenders every year

Fairly certain your red six didn't make the playoffs at all year before last..

Your arguments lose value when they are blindly one-sided and exaggerate actual facts. I'm sorry but neither team was being classy and the fight was started by Coco. Players get hit every day and it's expected - Coco earned that ball in the ribs when he slid in high the previous game. He knew it would happen and so did everyone watching. Fighting is taking the issue a bit far imo - once it started both teams were in bad form.

Manny's scuffle with Youk was a product of Youkilis throwing a fit after every at bat - that was the version I heard. Altogether it's not important - We're just trying to poke some holes in your rather ignorant viewpoint.
jtys17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 am

Wow, you guys are certainly very bold. Calling me "ignorant" and "idiotic" for defending Coco from what was clearly a one-sided fight on the ground... maybe you guys ought to LOOK at the video instead of - and you'll love this - IGNORANTLY calling me a "Boston fan" in general and saying how you can't stand "Boston fans" because we're "like this."

And jtys17, do you know what perennial playoff contender means? It means we have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs at the start of the season. We field a decent team that the home team can root for, and we can thank the genius of Theo Epstein for that. It doesn't mean we make the playoffs every year or go very deep into them. But hey, 2 rings in 4 years, we're just a bunch of idiots right? Sorry we can't have brilliant managers like Dusty Baker managing the Red Sox into last-place oblivion... lol.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Wow, you guys are certainly very bold. Calling me "ignorant" and "idiotic" for defending Coco from what was clearly a one-sided fight on the ground... maybe you guys ought to LOOK at the video instead of - and you'll love this - IGNORANTLY calling me a "Boston fan" in general and saying how you can't stand "Boston fans" because we're "like this."

And jtys17, do you know what perennial playoff contender means? It means we have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs at the start of the season. We field a decent team that the home team can root for, and we can thank the genius of Theo Epstein for that. It doesn't mean we make the playoffs every year or go very deep into them. But hey, 2 rings in 4 years, we're just a bunch of idiots right? Sorry we can't have brilliant managers like Dusty Baker managing the Red Sox into last-place oblivion... lol.

First off I bieleve the Reds have more Rings in the past 70 years than the RedSox.

And you need to watch the video because there was a god pile on top of Shields, and defending CoCo is stupid, he started a fight which is just all around greatness correct?
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates