Boston/Rays Suspensions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Boston/Rays Suspensions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Boston/Rays Suspensions

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say jusman1's a Sox fan... :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 am

thejusman1 wrote:That is so ridiculous. How is Coco being suspended for seven games when he was the one intentionally hit by Shields, and then Nav basically wrestled him onto the ground and the classless Tampa Bay Rays beat up on him like a bunch of gangbangers. If anything, Gomes should DEFINITELY be suspended for 7 games, Shields for 7, Aki for 7 (he got a couple cheap shots in while Coco was on the ground defending himself from 4 players at once), and Coco should be given 3.

This just goes to show that nobody in the MLB will respect Tampa Bay for an even longer time. With the way that clubhouse was turning it around, it's always fun to root for the once-underdogs having a good ride. Now we can see why Tampa Bay has sucked so much for so long. It's a clubhouse filled with tactless, spineless, cowardly players that think it's actually okay to dogpile one of the smallest players in the MLB and try and stomp on him like it's a schoolyard fight.

You just made yourself sound extremely ignorant.

Classless? We did not charge the mound.

Smallest player? Aki is smaller than Crisp and Crisp went cleat high into him.
Even the RedSox announcers said it was a horrible move by Crisp.
And even you did not notice there was a pile on Shields as well.

And we have sucked for so long why now? I mean thats misleading, we have sucked because Coco Crisp tried to be a hard ass and charge the mound and it turned around on him?

Yea so dude I mean everyone has their own opinion and valid input but come on, read your own post next time.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:29 am

thejusman1 wrote:That is so ridiculous. How is Coco being suspended for seven games when he was the one intentionally hit by Shields, and then Nav basically wrestled him onto the ground and the classless Tampa Bay Rays beat up on him like a bunch of gangbangers. If anything, Gomes should DEFINITELY be suspended for 7 games, Shields for 7, Aki for 7 (he got a couple cheap shots in while Coco was on the ground defending himself from 4 players at once), and Coco should be given 3.

This just goes to show that nobody in the MLB will respect Tampa Bay for an even longer time. With the way that clubhouse was turning it around, it's always fun to root for the once-underdogs having a good ride. Now we can see why Tampa Bay has sucked so much for so long. It's a clubhouse filled with tactless, spineless, cowardly players that think it's actually okay to dogpile one of the smallest players in the MLB and try and stomp on him like it's a schoolyard fight.

Do...do Red Sox fans really think like this...

Remind me never to visit Boston %-6
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Lol, and the recent fight by Nav and Garza just proves even more that this clubhouse has a long way to go before reaching any level of maturity. Say what you will about my baseball allegiances, but I dislike punks in baseball, period.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 pm

thejusman1 wrote:...I dislike punks in baseball, period.

Yet you're defending Coco, who started the whole mess... :-?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby jtys17 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm

didn't Manny and Youk have a little spat of their own a few days ago?
jtys17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sammy_D » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm

jtys17 wrote:didn't Manny and Youk have a little spat of their own a few days ago?

Nooooooooooo. That's just Manny being Manny :-D
Sammy_D
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

jtys17 wrote:didn't Manny and Youk have a little spat of their own a few days ago?

Yeah, but that was on the same day as the bench-clearing brawl, and I'm sure emotions were still running high. From the sounds of it, Youk was just chastising Manny for not getting to the fight quicker, and Manny was upset that he would even bring that up.

Nav's fight with Garza, however, was on a different day and a different incident altogether. Garza shook off a pitch, it got rocked into a two-run homer, and then after giving up another single, Nav got directly into his face and the two resumed fighting in the dugout. Jackson, Shields, Garza... they're all brutes. Now if only Kazmir would throw a temper tantrum...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 pm

thejusman1 wrote:

Yeah, but that was on the same day as the bench-clearing brawl, and I'm sure emotions were still running high. From the sounds of it, Youk was just chastising Manny for not getting to the fight quicker, and Manny was upset that he would even bring that up.

Nav's fight with Garza, however, was on a different day and a different incident altogether. Garza shook off a pitch, it got rocked into a two-run homer, and then after giving up another single, Nav got directly into his face and the two resumed fighting in the dugout. Jackson, Shields, Garza... they're all brutes. Now if only Kazmir would throw a temper tantrum...

This board should give you the dunce cap....

Navvy was just being the on field leader, and stepped up when he should of and Garza was not happy with it, so words were exchanged but its good because it means they care and are showing emotion for each other...
Now lets get back to you being an idiot...

Pedro throwing Zimmer on ground= Class.
Varitek punching A-Rod in the face= Awesome and Classy.
Coco Crisp charging the mound after getting hit in the LEG= Class.

So do not start with the rays having no class, and are a bunch of brutes. Look at your own damn team.
It cracks me up that you try to throw the Rays under the bus when your team has A LOT more incidents.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:26 pm

"It means they care and are showing emotions to each other?"

Come on, buddy, let's be real here. They're a very young team, seasons removed from making any real impact on the AL East standings. So, they'll place higher than the Orioles and Blue Jays this year? Whoopee-freaking-do. The fact is, their emotions, their extreme youth, their incredibly weak fanbase (I'm surprised you're a Rays fan - good for you, honestly, more people should support their home team) will mean an end to this fairy-tale story.

The Red Sox are perennial playoff contenders every year, and will continue to be for a very long time - and yes, they do it with a level of class unbeknownst to Florida dwellers. They play for a city that demands nothing less but excellence and herculean effort. We defend ourselves from brutes - those disgraceful baseball players who actually think it's okay to dogpile one person with 4 others and pummel him while he's on the ground, shielding his face.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates