Underperforming OF's - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Underperforming OF's

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Underperforming OF's

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Vlad is still too good to struggle the way he has been. The nagging injury concerns are there, but Vlad can produce in bunches. I think he should try to see more pitches given that opposing pitchers have had a more than fair amount of success in getting him to ground out. I sometimes wonder how the mentality of not wanting to DH is affecting him, but if you can, buy low.

Granderson is about where I expect him to be, a pure feast-or-famine hitter who doesn't have the massive power nor has the green light to steal a ton. Hitting lefties and his OBP are still concerns.

I wouldn't label Chris B. Young as an underperforming OF either. He's living up to the Mike Cameron comparisons in providing solid power (12 HR, 31 RBI) and a good run total (43 R), but of course, his average is at its usual lackluster level (.235) and he hasn't had the chances to be aggressive on the basepaths (4 SB). There's still little sample size to suggest this, but CBY is a second half hitter and I still see a 30 HR/20 SB campaign with marginal improvement to that average (.250).

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Sizemore's average is way low, but his power and his steals are up. I'm trying to buy low on him.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Sizemore's average is way low, but his power and his steals are up. I'm trying to buy low on him.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:Sizemore's average is way low, but his power and his steals are up. I'm trying to buy low on him.

With Sizemore's recent surge, no chance. Surely, the average is lousy, but he's still posted a .900 OPS over the past month and as you pointed out, his season to date is fantastic: 12 HR, 15 SB, on schedule for a 30/35 season. He'll eventually bump up his average to .270-280, and really the fact that his average is relatively low, but still hitting in the upper .250's is not much to chew at. One potential bump in the road for Sizemore is his run total, given that Hafner is in a down year and projects to be a trend while V-Mart is in an unusual power drought, but should post his 100 or so runs.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:Sizemore's average is way low, but his power and his steals are up. I'm trying to buy low on him.

June is not the right month to buy low on Grady.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers