The official: ESPN IS GARBAGE thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The official: ESPN IS GARBAGE thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The official: ESPN IS GARBAGE thread

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:25 am

John Madden thinks Titletown should go to the town that has won the most titles. It will meet both criteria of one, having the most titles, and two being a town. And that town will win titletown because of the titles that town has won. ;-D

Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:50 am

Corrected.

curious_george_43545 wrote:John Madden thinks Titletown should go to the BRETT FAVRE that has won the most titles. It will meet both criteria of one, having the most BRETT FAVRE, and two being a town. And that town will win titletown because of the BRETT FAVRE that town has won. ;-D

:-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Corrected.

curious_george_43545 wrote:John Madden thinks Titletown should go to the BRETT FAVRE that has won the most titles. It will meet both criteria of one, having the most BRETT FAVRE, and two being a town. And that town will win titletown because of the BRETT FAVRE that town has won. ;-D

:-D

My bad, I usually just use titles instead of Brett Farve cause when you think of Farve all you think of are titles anyway. :-°
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tuff_gong » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:55 pm

From the almighty Wikipedia:

Currently, Bill Simmons appears to be embroiled in a feud with management at ESPN.com. When asked by the editors of Deadspin.com why he had not written a new column in over 2 weeks, he replied "I still love writing my column and only re-signed last year because I really did believe that we had hashed out all the behind the scenes bullshit and come to some sort of agreement on creative lines, media criticism rules, the promotion of the column and everything else on ESPN.com. Within a few months, all of those things changed and certain promises were not kept. It's as simple as that."

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:29 pm

tuff_gong wrote:From the almighty Wikipedia:

Currently, Bill Simmons appears to be embroiled in a feud with management at ESPN.com. When asked by the editors of Deadspin.com why he had not written a new column in over 2 weeks, he replied "I still love writing my column and only re-signed last year because I really did believe that we had hashed out all the behind the scenes bullshit and come to some sort of agreement on creative lines, media criticism rules, the promotion of the column and everything else on ESPN.com. Within a few months, all of those things changed and certain promises were not kept. It's as simple as that."

Simmons never seemed to be a traditional ESPN lackey, so this kind of stuff doesn't surprise me.
His columns, books, and podcasts were always top notch in my book. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk