Randy Johnson to Boston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Randy Johnson to Boston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stevelabny » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:29 am

Yeah, if the AZ GM doesnt tell Cashman that the Sox are trying to get Unit, then hes noit doing his job.

So, YES you DO have to get Cashmans permission before u trade anyone to the Sox.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dude86 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:46 am

Doesn't Boston realize that everytime they even think about making a deal all it does is get the Yankees interested in a player they otherwise wouldn't have even thought about. However it would be awesome to see Johnson and Schilling together again. But seriously Boston has got to gind a way to keep thier deals on the down low...
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:06 am

nsulham wrote:
LBJackal wrote:They don't have to, but they know they'll get a better deal if they do.

They'll get a better deal? How so? The Yankees have almost NOTHING to give up.

They have $$$$$$$$ and have proven to take on hefty contracts. By better deal I don't mean prospects. Why do you think A-Rod went to NY and not Boston? NY gave more cash.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nuclear29 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:13 am

Nomar4prez wrote:
justinA wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Um, don't we kinda need to get young pitching? I mean, the Unit would be awesome, but I don't want to be the Yankees. I actually want to develop young players, not just reload every offseason.

so you're basically saying, you don't want to make it to the world series 6 out of the last 7 years, and you dont want to have 26 or 27 or however many championships? right...... very logical.

(PS, im not a yankee fan, i actually loath them)

I know this sounds weak, and you can call me an idiot(I really dont care), but I want to win a World Series legitamally, with team chemistry, and respectable guys. Thats how the Yankees used to win World Series! Then again, if the Sox do win a world series, Boston will burn down.....

If you won the series, you'd be happy. With some key free agents ready to leave, this would be a really nice legacy to attach your name to (meaning Henry). I would be worried about RJ's knee though.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nuclear29 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:14 am

Dude86 wrote:Doesn't Boston realize that everytime they even think about making a deal all it does is get the Yankees interested in a player they otherwise wouldn't have even thought about. However it would be awesome to see Johnson and Schilling together again. But seriously Boston has got to gind a way to keep thier deals on the down low...

Boston should leak to the newspaper that they are ready to sign Chuck Carr or someone! ;-)
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:28 am

Nuclear29 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
justinA wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Um, don't we kinda need to get young pitching? I mean, the Unit would be awesome, but I don't want to be the Yankees. I actually want to develop young players, not just reload every offseason.

so you're basically saying, you don't want to make it to the world series 6 out of the last 7 years, and you dont want to have 26 or 27 or however many championships? right...... very logical.

(PS, im not a yankee fan, i actually loath them)

I know this sounds weak, and you can call me an idiot(I really dont care), but I want to win a World Series legitamally, with team chemistry, and respectable guys. Thats how the Yankees used to win World Series! Then again, if the Sox do win a world series, Boston will burn down.....

If you won the series, you'd be happy. With some key free agents ready to leave, this would be a really nice legacy to attach your name to (meaning Henry). I would be worried about RJ's knee though.

Of course I'd be happy, I'm not a frickin' moron, but I'd rather win one with the guys we have. Saying team chemistry is over-rated really shows your ignorance too. Why did the Sox get so far last year? Why did the Marlins win the World Series last year? Yes, they had damn good teams, but they also had good team chemistry. And NO, I wouldn't be happy if the Sox went out and spent $200 million dollars. In fact, I'd probably be pretty pissed, and I doubt if I'd make my annual trip to Fenway. Maybe this doesn't make sense to you, but it's clear as day to me. Maybe I like being the underdog. Maybe, I don't want to be hated by half the country. And maybe, I like to have players on my team who don't make $100 million dollars. I like the players who are getting their first shot at the big leagues, and are playing for their respect, and their next paycheck. Or, most likely, I just really don't like the Yankees, or how they conduct their business. And for your information, no I didn't want Arod to come to Boston.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:53 am

Winning brings chemistry, or at least the saying of it. Boston nearly won because they were good. They had the best offense in bb. I don't think Bostons clubhouse would ever get labeled a great chemistry? Seattle has one of the best clubhouses around, great chemistry. They haven't won. You don't have to like, or play gin rummy with your team, to win.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Madison » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:54 am

Wow. Just when you think all the shots have been fired and nothing else really big would happen before the start of the season...............
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby hybrid » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:42 am

chemistry is overrated? how do you explain the d'backs, angels, and marlins? they obviously had good teams, but to me "chemistry" helped them over the yankees and other probably more talented teams.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:29 am

LBJackal wrote:Wouldn't it be great to see RJ, Curt, and Kim repeat their triumph over Steinhitler ;-D

You mean Kim's triumph in 2001 where he had a 13.50 ERA and a key loss?

Kim wants a repeat of that as much as he wants to redo a root canal.

Kim should be pitching for the Tigers, Devil Rays or better yet the Dodgers where he can be brilliant and never have to pitch in a meaningful game.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers