Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Postby theplayer11 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:24 am

I believe Lester was suspended for supposedly trying to hit a Rays player...He threw behind one guy and hit another with a slider. If the ump thought he was throwing at someone, why wasn't he ejected?
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:50 am

quitesanemax wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Here is the one thing I didn't get. He knew they were going to hit him, why not just take it and go first and let it end, or let Lester hit someone :-?

because he's a punk, it's not complicated. watch the interview on ESPN and it comes through completely. he just wanted to fight for the heck of it...

No... not that I don't think Crisp was acting like a punk with his speech, but its possible the reason was because then he knew Lester would get ejected from the game, and it might have been the Red Sox who won the game. Instead, Shields gets ejected in the 2nd, and the Rays have to use the bullpen for the rest of the game. And the Sox lose Crisp... not a big deal if Ellsbury doesn't get injured... even with Ellsbury injured, Shields is a much bigger loss in that game.

possible, but that's giving him a lot of credit....
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:57 am

theplayer11 wrote:I believe Lester was suspended for supposedly trying to hit a Rays player...He threw behind one guy and hit another with a slider. If the ump thought he was throwing at someone, why wasn't he ejected?

Lester hit crawford, threw behind Aybar, and threw at Floyds head

The CC one I didn't believe was intentional, but the other 2 were pretty obvious IMO
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:01 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
theplayer11 wrote:I believe Lester was suspended for supposedly trying to hit a Rays player...He threw behind one guy and hit another with a slider. If the ump thought he was throwing at someone, why wasn't he ejected?

The CC one I didn't believe was intentional, but the other 2 were pretty obvious IMO

Yeah, the CC one wasn't intentional unless he wanted to throw a curveball at him.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I've hated Crisp and Lugo ever since they became Red Sox.
They seem like passengers to me, and the Sox won last year in spite of them.

Looks like the Yankee fans are just pissed off their team sucks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the Sox either, but a bunch of Yankee fanboys getting on here crying about cheap plays and overpaid players is the height of irony (dictionary.com since you probably don't know what that means). If it had been Jeter doing this it would have been a "hustle play".

Do I think the high slide was cheap? Heck yes. But you can't complain about that retaliation and then give the Rays a pass for plunking him the NEXT GAME. Besides, a manager should never get involved in a shouting matching with another teams player. That's classless and bad managing.

is aussie DODGER really a yankees fan?
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Yeah, the CC one wasn't intentional unless he wanted to throw a curveball at him.

You could def tell he threw a curve that just got away from him
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers