Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

AmazinYanks1990 wrote:What did Jackson, Lester and Casey exactly do?

Jackson was a victim of being blatantly seen in the video. He was in the pile with Shields and they panned over right when he hit someone and lost his shoe

Lester threw at 3 different Rays players after the warnings were given (he was not ejected, but IMO should have been) His first one was a curve to CC and looked innocent, but the one to Aybar went behind him and the one to Floyd almost hit him in the head

I seriously have no idea what Casey did
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Field wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Field wrote:There was nothing wrong with Crisp's slide into 2nd.

Do most Red Sox fans actually believe that? :-b

What was wrong with it? It was a hard slide. He might have been intentionally going hard, but it's still not outside of the rules. I don't get why people are so sensitive these days. If you don't like it, do something about it. Shields and the Rays did and now both teams paid the price.

It was incredibly late, and he seemingly tried to knock his elbow/arm into Iwamura's midsection. But don't take my word for it, just ask Coco if he was trying to hurt him, he already gave his answer.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:25 pm

mweir145 wrote:It was incredibly late, and he seemingly tried to knock his elbow/arm into Iwamura's midsection. But don't take my word for it, just ask Coco if he was trying to hurt him, he already gave his answer.

Quote please? I haven't seen a quote where Coco said that he was intentionally trying to injur/hurt someone. Even if he was, what's the difference between that and intentionally throwing at a batter?
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Field wrote:
mweir145 wrote:It was incredibly late, and he seemingly tried to knock his elbow/arm into Iwamura's midsection. But don't take my word for it, just ask Coco if he was trying to hurt him, he already gave his answer.

Quote please? I haven't seen a quote where Coco said that he was intentionally trying to injur/hurt someone. Even if he was, what's the difference between that and intentionally throwing at a batter?

“He put his whole knee in front of the bag, and it’s not something you do as an infielder. You can do that, but that’s shady,” Crisp said. “And he’s not a bad dude, but that’s shady. It is what it is. You gonna hurt me, I’m going to come back and hurt you.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm

Field wrote:

Deerayfan has supplied the quote.

Shields threw at Coco in response to Coco attempting to hurt his player. It wasn't even like he aimed for his head, either, but Coco still decided to start a brawl. What an idiot.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Here is the one thing I didn't get. He knew they were going to hit him, why not just take it and go first and let it end, or let Lester hit someone :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Here is the one thing I didn't get. He knew they were going to hit him, why not just take it and go first and let it end, or let Lester hit someone :-?

because he's a punk, it's not complicated. watch the interview on ESPN and it comes through completely. he just wanted to fight for the heck of it...
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 pm

One thing I forgot to say, I gained a lot of respect for Pedroia. The guy got hit on accident in the first and didn't make a big deal about it, and than during the brawl he was trying to keep people out of the brawl and not further it. He is a class act IMO ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Here is the one thing I didn't get. He knew they were going to hit him, why not just take it and go first and let it end, or let Lester hit someone :-?

Because he's an idiot. I just went over that.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm

DVauthrin wrote:

because he's a punk, it's not complicated. watch the interview on ESPN and it comes through completely. he just wanted to fight for the heck of it...

Yeah, all 170 pounds of him. That worked out well on a field of huge baseball players.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers