Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Postby AmazinYanks1990 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Seriously, this guy is a no one. He just isn't a good player. Period. No let me correct my statement, he's a terrible player. But he's been acting like a HOFer when in reality a minor leaguer would probably be light years more productive than him. No one wants to tolerate or see Coco Being Coco. We tolerate that with Manny because he's ACTUALLY a good player. And I'm not even a Rays fan haha. He cries about his jammed thumb because he apparently thought Bartlett had ulterior motives, then he intentionally slides into Iwamura trying to injure him, then he gets into a heated argument with Joe Maddon on the mound. Today, he gets hit by a pitch (well-deserved) and he starts a fight with Shields and gets ejected. If you're gonna act like a big shot, be a good player. When I go down the BoSox lineup and see Coco in there, I just have to laugh because everyone else is producing except for Coco. And this is every single year I'm talking about.
AmazinYanks1990
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Coco Crisp pissing anyone else off?

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:29 pm

thats exactly how i feel about Coco
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:40 pm

every single year? he was quite productive in '04 and '05, and he has committed only 1 error in each of the last 3 years (including this one). that isnt exactly being terrible. could he be better? sure, but youre talking like he's tony f pena with TO's attitude. and i dont remember him being in many fights before this.

not defending him cause im a sox fan, just feel like youre being way too critical here. i would much prefer ellsbury to get all the starts in CF
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AmazinYanks1990 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Well '04/'05 he was with Cleveland and he hasn't had a complete season under his belt yet. But I know what his numbers were in those years and really they weren't that great. IMO, they don't justify the millions of dollars he gets. Those seasons are probably the best seasons he will ever have and it's sad that we have to look back 4 years to find a decent season when he's 28 yrs old.
AmazinYanks1990
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:34 pm

AmazinYanks1990 wrote:Well '04/'05 he was with Cleveland and he hasn't had a complete season under his belt yet. But I know what his numbers were in those years and really they weren't that great. IMO, they don't justify the millions of dollars he gets. Those seasons are probably the best seasons he will ever have and it's sad that we have to look back 4 years to find a decent season when he's 28 yrs old.

The guy makes 4 mil. a season...not like hes making big bucks.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 pm

I like Coco. I hope he gets traded to a team where he can play every day.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Bartlet blocked second base with his leg, which is frowned upon. So coco slide into second hard next time he was on base. So the Rays plunked him. So he charged the mound. Coco isn't blameless for the brawl, but neither are the Rays. And who was really hurt the most by this brawl? Crisp is going to be suspended, but so are the Ray's second best starter, their best hitter, their DH, and maybe their second baseman. Maybe Crisp overreacted by charging the mound, but if Madden hadn't told his pitcher to plunk him, or if the Rays had simply pulled Crisp off Shields then they wouldn't be facing suspensions.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby yanks924 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm

4 million dollars isn't a lot? I don't know what you do for a job but from where i come from thats a ton of money. Coco Crisp needs to learn baseball before he gets upset like that. Because if he knew baseball he would know thats baseball (referring to Bartlett blocking the bag with his leg). Is he gonna get mad if the catcher blocks the plate too? The slide into Iwamura was ridiculous, spike up like that. Real classy Coco. And Crisp has always been that guy who was supposed to be really good that next year but he never was. Its Coco's fault for this stuff happening and the suspension coming for him. If he would of not been an idiot and not freaked out when Bartlett blocked the bag then it wouldn't of happened.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AmazinYanks1990 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Ha did anyone just catch his post-game interview on Sportscenter about the fight. Sure sounds like he has T.O.'s attitude.

And did I just hear him call football players "little girls"?
AmazinYanks1990
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 pm

I've hated Crisp and Lugo ever since they became Red Sox.
They seem like passengers to me, and the Sox won last year in spite of them.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers