100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee revisited

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cliff Lee revisited

Postby kcs261 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:55 pm

mweir145 wrote:
kcs261 wrote:
Hilarious. It's like you've missed the entire point of anything I wrote.

You all have not only missed the point, but you are mad that somebody is calling you out for acting like a lemming who repeats the same cliche about selling high, no matter how well a guy is doing. The point is: Winning the AL Cy Young makes a guy legit. Hitting 30 HRs and driving in 100 RBIs also makes a guy legit.

You can all whine and cry about it all day long and somehow try to spin how you were wrong, change the issue and get off on tangents by insulting. But I will not be distracted. The point is that Lee and Ludwick are legit. And to be a good fantasy manager, you have to know the difference from "waiver trash" and "waiver gems."

Lee and Ludwick are waiver gems. If you can't see that, and you label all guys who were undrafted waiver trash, you need to reevaluate how you evaluate players. Finding "waiver gems" will win you a league. :-)

I think you need to learn to read.

This is my thread. I am the one framing the issue. You all advocated selling Lee and Ludwick. You told young, helpless fantasy players that this was the thing to do.

If you were an attorney, you would all be sued for malpractice. You gave rotten advice. And you helped screw up countless fantasy teams for young, helpless owners who came on this website when you advocated selling the Al Cy Young and a 30HR/100RBI guy.

You all need to learn how to evaluate talent better. ;-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Ludwig hit his 23 today. That guy is phat. Heck, he could hit 35-40 the way he is going. But, oh no, he is WW trash. Hahah... }:-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm

bigh0rt wrote:It's not like he has; he has. He is so blinded by his pride in being the white light who saw through the darkness to what no one else was able (or is able now) to see to even see what rationale is being presented. If you're noticed, I've abandoned this thread -- it's futile. Don't waste your time.

Unfortunately, ignoring stupid people has always been a problem for me. But I may just take your advice.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:07 pm

kcs261 wrote:Ludwig hit his 23 today. That guy is phat. Heck, he could hit 35-40 the way he is going. But, oh no, he is WW trash. Hahah... }:-)

Guy's name is Ludwick, eh.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kcs261 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:It's not like he has; he has. He is so blinded by his pride in being the white light who saw through the darkness to what no one else was able (or is able now) to see to even see what rationale is being presented. If you're noticed, I've abandoned this thread -- it's futile. Don't waste your time.

Unfortunately, ignoring stupid people has always been a problem for me. But I may just take your advice.

Stupid is advocating trading the AL Cy Young and a 30HR/100RBI guy. You cannot refute this point. You haven't even tried. You can't. And you all aren't ignoring me. I know you are reading it secretly and trying to learn the errors of your ways. You just don't post any longer because you know you are wrong and you cannot argue it. ;-D
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 pm

kcs261 wrote:This is my thread. I am the one framing the issue. You all advocated selling Lee and Ludwick. You told young, helpless fantasy players that this was the thing to do.

If you were an attorney, you would all be sued for malpractice. You gave rotten advice. And you helped screw up countless fantasy teams for young, helpless owners who came on this website when you advocated selling the Al Cy Young and a 30HR/100RBI guy.

You all need to learn how to evaluate talent better. ;-)

Please teach us all the magic formula for differentiating between a crappy guy having a good start who we should sell high from a diamond in the rough about to have a career year... how many starts before you know - 1? 5? 10? What did that guy's track record have to be beforehand? What is this holy grail of perfect stat evaluations you use to identify that magical career year, the holy grail that Bill James himself has been looking for his entire life? I'd love you know how you managed to select the 5-6 cherry picked examples you've cited to win your public Yahoo leagues from the hundreds of guys who fall back to their statistical norms, you idiot savant you. Please teach us lemmings who compete in real leagues instead of those super hard 8 team public leagues with 12 year old kids how you do the impossible. We're dying to know.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby kcs261 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:34 pm

You would like to know, huh? If you'd like to have a discussion about it, great. Let's do it. Let's talk about how we can evaluate waiver wire players to determine who is a waiver wire gem and who is waiver wire trash. That's the point. I have been on this forum for years and have never raised ruch a ruckuss. But if you all want to insult, and keep talking about how it was good advice to advocate fire selling the Al Cy Young and a 30HR/100 RBI guy, forget it. I'm not going to defend stupid posts about how I play on a public yahoo league, either. Go eat monkey dong and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Grow up. ;-D I am just about the only one on here who was right about BOTH Cliff Lee and Ryan Ludwick and, instead, you all act like you had it right. Give me a break. I haven't defended any other WW guys--just these two. Concede the point. You were wrong. I was right. Trading the Al Cy Young and a 30HR/100RBI guy is a mistake--always and forever. And let's talk about why I thought Lee and Ludwick were legit--and knock off the insults because you are all defensive due to committing malpractice by giving bad advice. :-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 pm

This is great stuff. I hope you keep it up just for the humour. :-b ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kcs261 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:42 pm

mweir145 wrote:This is great stuff. I hope you keep it up just for the humour. :-b ;-D

I'm glad you like it. I'm on a roll. First, I'm right about Lee. Then, I'm right about Ludwick. Then, people run and hide and/or keep committing to losing arguments about how it was good advice to advocate selling high on the AL Cy Young and a 30HR/100RBI guy. I'm not even close to being done. And you can bet that I'm going to keep rubbing the pie in your face until season's end. :-)
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:42 pm

mod edit.
Last edited by raiders_umpire on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: poor taste
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 274)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers