Who wants to see Ichiro traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who wants to see Ichiro traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who wants to see Ichiro traded

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:37 pm

I have the zeal of a challenger for ichiro and I would hate it if he had to stay in Seattle much longer. You gotta think the dude wants out.

Any rumors on him leaving or getting traded or something!!!

Come to Colorado!!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who wants to see Ichiro traded

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:50 pm

He of course signed the deal in what....the offseason? I forget the terms.

BUT, I do remember being happy my White Sox did not get him. You gotta expect him to slow down with age. Not this year, probably not next year. What else does he have besides his SBs and monster average that is in a large part supplemented by his speed to first base?

I'm a big Ichiro fan, he's great to watch. I betcha some big market team might do what they can to land him. The Yankees or something.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BigTex24 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:57 pm

He's too good for business, will never be dealt.
BigTex24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:11 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:He of course signed the deal in what....the offseason? I forget the terms.

BUT, I do remember being happy my White Sox did not get him. You gotta expect him to slow down with age. Not this year, probably not next year. What else does he have besides his SBs and monster average that is in a large part supplemented by his speed to first base?

I'm a big Ichiro fan, he's great to watch. I betcha some big market team might do what they can to land him. The Yankees or something.

He's got a rocket cannon arm and an extremely rigid work ethic.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:He of course signed the deal in what....the offseason? I forget the terms.

He's definitely sweet. I could see him as a good fit in COL, but I'm just doubtful SEA will let him go...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Splendid61 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Seattle has a significant Japanese population. As stated above, Ichiro got that big contract last year... but I'll add in that Johjima signed a 3-year extension in April. So the M's are definitely committed to the Japanese marketing angle. And the Felix-Bedard combo should be enough to warrant keeping their major pieces in tact for next season.
Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:

plus he seems to play the game with honor, unlike Jojima

i went to a Tigers/Mariners game a few weeks ago, sat about 10 rows up from home plate. it was funny because there were a lot of Asians who would get real excited for Ichiro but didnt even care about Jojima...they all left as soon as Ichiro's final AB was over
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:13 pm

I don't.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Tavish » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:28 pm

He should be traded to a team that will let him pitch.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Tavish wrote:He should be traded to a team that will let him pitch.

Heh. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did pitch at some point. He's said that he wants to.

I'm torn about it. I love watching him play, but at the same time I realize the haul he would bring in. If they decide to truly tear it down and rebuild then he's a good chip.

As far as aging goes, I wouldn't be surprised if he had two careers. When his speed starts to go it's possible he converts into more of a .275 guy who hits 35 HRs a year. He's got the power... Heck maybe even a third career where he pitches!
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers