Does anyone else literally hate the team they're a fan of? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does anyone else literally hate the team they're a fan of?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does anyone else literally hate the team they're a fan of?

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Just wondering if I'm alone in this. I seriously hate the entire Mariner franchise and wish I could choose another team to root for.

Anyone else?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does anyone else literally hate the team they're a fan of?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Don't give me that Mariner stuff. You want to really feel depressed about baseball? Try being an Orioles fan for the last 10 years... :-°

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby urbanbreez » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm a Miami Dolphin fan (ouch) and although I've hated certain players: R.Williams, J. Taylor for his stint on Dancing With the Stars and missing training camp. Certain moves: Drafting Ginn and not Quinn. I've never been able to say I've actually hated them for any sustained period of time. It will pass.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Well the Indians have seriously pissed me off so much this year that I dont even watch them anymore, because if I do I just get too worked up about all the dumb things they manage to pull off. And right now I simply cannot stand Hafner (thank God hes on the DL) and Delluci/Vmart just make me mad.

So until the Indians get above .500, Im not going to watch them. Im having a much better time watching the Reds right now with all the talent they have with guys like Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, and then theres Griffey going for 600.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 129)

Postby yossarian » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:17 pm

I'm a Redskins fan and generally by the end of most seasons for the last 10 years I've hated them. I've definitely had moments where I wished I could just switch my allegiances to another team. I just can't do it though. As bad and as frustrating as that team can be, I still get excited about them at the start of every new season and follow them all the way and live and die by how they play. God what a frustrating franchise.

Seriously though, our Offense is gonna be AWESOME this season! ;-) ;-7
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 pm

yossarian wrote:I'm a Redskins fan and generally by the end of most seasons for the last 10 years I've hated them. I've definitely had moments where I wished I could just switch my allegiances to another team. I just can't do it though. As bad and as frustrating as that team can be, I still get excited about them at the start of every new season and follow them all the way and live and die by how they play. God what a frustrating franchise.

Seriously though, our Offense is gonna be AWESOME this season! ;-) ;-7

I'm a skins fan too. I think being angry with your team means you are passionate about them and not just content with being a "Fan"

It pisses me off when I see rockies fans post: "Who cares if they are 20 games under .500 they can do it go rockies! You people criticizing Clint Hurdle for having 5 different lineups every week and O'Dowd for trading Ramon Ramirez for a garbage can, you guys aren't fans. Yea go rockies go Matt Atkins and Garrett Hawpe!! Foam finger wave! yea!!"

Those fans piss me off.

Anyways I'm currently pissed at the entire rockies organization other then the players. And the entire yankees organization because they seem to have 0 passion. Its like mindless robot baseball out there.

I want my Scott Brosious/Paul O'Neil style back.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Want to trade BP?

52 games with Tony Pena Jr at SS
Called up a hot hitting SS from AAA who gets 3 ABs and then sits the bench to get TPJ more playing time.
Paying $4 million for another AAA SS who we wouldn't be able to trade for a bag of balls.

46 games with Ross Gload in the lineup.
Most of the "best" hitting prospects in the organization play 1B and will likely never see more than a handful of ABs at the major league level this year.

The typical Royals lineup has the 7,8,9 hitters all with sub .300 SLG % to go along with a sub .300 OBP.

Number of players currently with the big league team that I could envision being here 5 years from now: 3 (Gordon, Hochevar, and Soria)
Number of players in the minors who I expect to be productive major leaguers in 5 years: 3 (Butler, Moustakas, Cortes)
Number of current starters who would likely start on almost any other franchise: 3 (Grudz, Guillen and Gordon)
Number of current starters with any sort of trade value: 1 (Grudz)
Years since we have had an ace pitcher remain with the team more than 2 years: 11 years (Appier)
Chances we resign Greinke to a long-term deal: 5%
Chances we trade Greinke for 3 or 4 mid-level prospects: 95%
Years since the team's last "superstar" caliber player: 4+ (Beltran)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:59 pm

Tavish wrote:Most of the "best" hitting prospects in the organization play 1B and will likely never see more than a handful of ABs at the major league level this year.

Have fun with Eric Hosmer.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:12 pm

thedude wrote:
Tavish wrote:Most of the "best" hitting prospects in the organization play 1B and will likely never see more than a handful of ABs at the major league level this year.

Have fun with Eric Hosmer.

lol insult to injury...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jfg » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:53 pm

I have to hand it to Minnesota teams, despite Carl Pohlad, Kevin McHale, Doug Risebrough and all of the dunce moves the Vikings have made over the years every team is always intriguing to follow every year. I haven't been bored with any team other than the Wild since the late 90's Twins, and the only reason I'm bored with the Wild is only because I don't like hockey that much. Maybe if I knew the game I could enjoy the boring style they play.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers