Tulo Update : Back in 2-3 weeks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Tulo Update : Back in 2-3 weeks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tulo Update : Back in 2-3 weeks?

Postby bluebledthesea » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:18 pm

I grabbed him off of FA a week or so ago and I'm excited to swap him into my utility slot to see what happens.
bluebledthesea Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PBRmeASAP » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Rman3911 wrote:So he might start on Friday. Anybody excited, or are we just going to see the same sub mendoza Tulo when he gets back?

I'm taking a wait and see on him. Maybe after the long layoff he'll stop pressing so much. At least for now I'm OK at MI and can take a little time to plug him in the lineup.
PBRmeASAP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tulo-- How's he going to stack up?

Postby TomBrooklyn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:05 pm

StringerBell wrote:I got some tough decisions. Guzman is my replacement for Tulo and has been a hit and run producing machine.

I have Guzman too and just picked up Tulo off the wire. I also have Orlando Cabrera CWS, and Michael Young Texas but I can't keep them all.

If you think Guzman's been hot, over the last 30 days Cabrera has 16R, 4HR, 15RBI, 5SB and is batting .353. He's considerably outperformed Michael Young over this period. For the season his production has lagged Young a little but he has 10 SB vs 4 for Young and both of their averages are a bit anemic. And while my Runs, HRs, and RBI are good to decent, I am getting killed in Average with guys like guys like Cabrera and Young combined with Mark Reynolds Ari 3B hitting .248, Carlos Gomez, Min OF hitting .271 and Hunter Pence Hou OF hitting .274. For the year, Cabrera is .271 Cabrera and Mike Young is .280. Guzman actually has the best season average at .310 and is close to Cabrera in other catagories except SBs for the season.

So I don't know how to rank my 4 shortstops and where to rank Tulo in the group. I'm thinking...

1. Mike Young
2. Orlando Cabrera
3. Christian Guzman

What do you think and where does Tulo fit in the ranking list?
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby misterigloo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Young Tulo Cabrera Guzman
Let's go Oliver Perez and his METS!
misterigloo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rman3911 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Man, Tulo has been pretty garbage since returning. Maybe it's jumping the gun, but man, get your stuff together man.
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Rman3911 wrote:Man, Tulo has been pretty garbage since returning. Maybe it's jumping the gun, but man, get your stuff together man.

Don't forget he was equally as hideous before he left. He's pretty much a waste of time and space this yr
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rman3911 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Sitting tonight, GREAT
Rman3911
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TomBrooklyn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 am

His first two days back (when I didn't have him plugged in) he got some hits and a run or two I think. So I stuck him in and he wiffed the next couple of days.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Tulo-- How's he going to stack up?

Postby StringerBell » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:20 pm

TomBrooklyn wrote:
StringerBell wrote:I got some tough decisions. Guzman is my replacement for Tulo and has been a hit and run producing machine.

I have Guzman too and just picked up Tulo off the wire. I also have Orlando Cabrera CWS, and Michael Young Texas but I can't keep them all.

If you think Guzman's been hot, over the last 30 days Cabrera has 16R, 4HR, 15RBI, 5SB and is batting .353. He's considerably outperformed Michael Young over this period. For the season his production has lagged Young a little but he has 10 SB vs 4 for Young and both of their averages are a bit anemic. And while my Runs, HRs, and RBI are good to decent, I am getting killed in Average with guys like guys like Cabrera and Young combined with Mark Reynolds Ari 3B hitting .248, Carlos Gomez, Min OF hitting .271 and Hunter Pence Hou OF hitting .274. For the year, Cabrera is .271 Cabrera and Mike Young is .280. Guzman actually has the best season average at .310 and is close to Cabrera in other catagories except SBs for the season.

So I don't know how to rank my 4 shortstops and where to rank Tulo in the group. I'm thinking...

1. Mike Young
2. Orlando Cabrera
3. Christian Guzman

What do you think and where does Tulo fit in the ranking list?

Cabrera and Young are the cream.

I dont know why everyone is so down on Guzman. He is hitting over .310. I realize his run production is a bit low, but Dukes looks like he`s about to bust out and that can only mean more runs for Guzman. His stats are almost identical to Yunel Escobar who seems to get a lot more respect. I cant trust Tulo until I see him produce for at least 9 or 10 games
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates