Cole Hamels just pitched a great game but only 4K in 9IP??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Cole Hamels just pitched a great game but only 4K in 9IP???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cole Hamels just pitched a great game but only 4K in 9IP???

Postby sandman042 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 pm

cole started out slow i think he had something like high 30 or maybe even 40 pitches after 2 inngs and from their out i guess he knew he had to be more efficient and became more of a contact pitcher instead of trying to strikeout every1 instead come out of teh game in the 5th or 6th w/ more k's.... Hamels was great today u will see the k's soon lol... he just picth a cg game Shutout lol and gave up 3 hits lol.. y r u complaining... thtas like saying utley hit 3 hr in a game but they were all solo... where are the rbi's lol.. k's will come soon
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MotorCityKitties » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Nomarrrrrrrrrr wrote:MOD EDIT the guy just got blown up 2 games in a row and hasn't been striking anyone out, even when he apparently has his best stuff today. Apparently no one can think for himself so who else wants to jump on the "hahaha he just pitched a shutout" train?

Probably everyone that reads this ridiculous thread.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cubs2238 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:25 am

Nomarrrrrrrrrr wrote:MOD EDIT the guy just got blown up 2 games in a row and hasn't been striking anyone out, even when he apparently has his best stuff today. Apparently no one can think for himself so who else wants to jump on the "hahaha he just pitched a shutout" train?

I want to jump on the "You sound like a complete and utter moron!" train.....

Not trying to be a dick but seriously dude, it was a shutout.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:11 am

sandman042 wrote:cole started out slow i think he had something like high 30 or maybe even 40 pitches after 2 inngs and from their out i guess he knew he had to be more efficient and became more of a contact pitcher instead of trying to strikeout every1 instead come out of teh game in the 5th or 6th w/ more k's.... Hamels was great today u will see the k's soon lol... he just picth a cg game Shutout lol and gave up 3 hits lol.. y r u complaining... thtas like saying utley hit 3 hr in a game but they were all solo... where are the rbi's lol.. k's will come soon

Let me be the first to say, that's just a myth.

(Cafe-ism)
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:
sandman042 wrote:cole started out slow i think he had something like high 30 or maybe even 40 pitches after 2 inngs and from their out i guess he knew he had to be more efficient and became more of a contact pitcher instead of trying to strikeout every1 instead come out of teh game in the 5th or 6th w/ more k's.... Hamels was great today u will see the k's soon lol... he just picth a cg game Shutout lol and gave up 3 hits lol.. y r u complaining... thtas like saying utley hit 3 hr in a game but they were all solo... where are the rbi's lol.. k's will come soon

(Cafe-ism)

Pfft...what Cafe-ism? Everyone and their grandmothers know it's impossible for anyone to have a 3 HR game.

If you read this, Cole Hamels just struck you out.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:14 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

(Cafe-ism)

Pfft...what Cafe-ism? Everyone and their grandmothers know it's impossible for anyone to have a 3 HR game.

not me i bunted
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:[

(Cafe-ism)

not me i bunted
No, he struck you out so fast you didn't even realize. By the time you had a grip on the bat, he had 3 balls rocketing by you for strikes.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 pm

cubs2238 wrote:

I want to jump on the "You sound like a complete and utter moron!" train.....

Not trying to be a dick but seriously dude, it was a shutout.

Not trying to be a penis either, but I pay attention to more than just the guy's last start. If you read my freakin post I was asking about the fact that he has been ripped up in 2 of his last 3 and hasn't been striking anyone out. Let's here some more from the "lol he pitched a shut out, lol I can't think for myself or look past the last 9 innings the guy pitched, lol". Honestly how worthless are you people?
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nate McClutch » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Nomarrrrr -- the fact that you'r still in this argument, make you sound like a total jerk using another total jerk's monikerrrrrr.

You present no substance to show that anything is 'wrong' with Hamels.
He's a pitcher that got 27 outs. Nothing wrong about that.
Hamels got torched by FLA and HOU, and then bounced back to throw a CG shutout vs CIN.

ER by game past 7 starts 4 4 0 0 6 7 0
Ks per game past 7 starts 5 7 6 11 0 4 4

There is no correlation. Pitchers aren't up there trying to help your fantasy team, they're just trying to get outs.

Save face and listen to people. Hamels is human, and you're wrong.
Nate McClutch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby absolut typical » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:25 pm

this thread is worthless. It still astonishes me how many fantasy baseball guys no absolutely nothing about the game of baseball. This thread is evidence of that.

Do I think something is wrong with Cole? Absolutely not, even the best pitchers in baseball get knocked around every now and again. Baseball aint an easy game and you can't always be on your best. As for Coles last start, a complete game shutout is much more valuable to a team then 5inn with 10ks.
absolut typical
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates